PDA

View Full Version : Trying to build my system for new audi a4, high end components

nadroj81
11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Hello all,
I am trying to build a system for my 2006 a4. I have the factory navigation system,and plan to keep that. I want to add components to the front and rear doors. However, I have been thinking maybe i should just do the front doors and bridge the amp. I am looking at highend speakers like the MBQuart QSD or QSC if i run front and back. For amps i was thinking either high end diamond audio or Arc Audio. Is it better to just to the fronts with QSD and bridge a great amp to get lots of power and keep it at 4ohms? For the rear i have a 10'' eclipse aluminum sub and fosgate amp already, which i plan to keep i think. I will need to get a crossovermost likely to feed the correct frequencies to the amp.

Also i think i need and audio control LC6/8?

What is everyones opinion. I am looking for quality sound that can go loud also. Mostly listen to rap and classic rock.

DemonaL
11-08-2005, 01:37 PM
budget?

flakko
11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Brax
Rainbow

Curel
11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't reccomend bridgeing a amp to power your front component set. Some people will argue that it is ok, by I always noticed a audible difference in sq & distortion.

XtrmAudioCncpts
11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
i find that the MB Q's have a problem. Yes, they are crystal clear but they lack mid bass. listen to flakko and go with Rainbow, BA, Ology, something that is just as clear but has the mid responce that you are going to want if you are about to drop a lot of money on your syestem

JimJ
11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
MB tweets practically take my ears off...in my experience.

dbhittin
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
i think u might want to step up to atleast a 12" for that car.. just my opion

FoxPro5
11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
i find that the MB Q's have a problem. Yes, they are crystal clear but they lack mid bass. listen to flakko and go with Rainbow, BA, Ology, something that is just as clear but has the mid responce that you are going to want if you are about to drop a lot of money on your syestem

Not mine ;) The Q's require tuning and correct placement but will be tough to beat once set up. Also think about what is behind the speaker....a nice clean signal from a high end HU (think Eclipse) plus an amp that amplifies that signal - nothing more, nothing less. Your ears will tell you for sure what the "best" is.
And yes, in my experience, a single 12" is probably all you need....good luck:)

nadroj81
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I only want to spend <500 or so per component set, and that is ebay prices or elsewhere onine. So the mbquarts fall into that category. As far as amps, i guess i will have to pay for quality, and i don't mine. The 10'' i have in my car now, is fed 500watts and it is loud enough, i don't think i need to go any bigger. Plus i want to mount it in the side of my truck, so anyting bigger than 10 will be pretty large.

supposedly the lc6 or 8 is suppose to provide a clear signal. I am not changing my headunit, as the navigation is already a 2k option. and i like factory look better than aftermarket.

so what is the opinion only only doing the front doors?

flakko
11-08-2005, 03:40 PM
www.speedsound.com

click on "ranbow" and look for "Soundline"

nadroj81
11-08-2005, 04:19 PM
www.speedsound.com

click on "ranbow" and look for "Soundline"

those seem pretty cheap, is that thier top of the line stuff? or bottom line? You think its much better than MB Q's QSD or QSCs?

3.5Max6spd
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I think in your budget you can put in some nice Rainbows, DLS, or Dynaudio's...hell European car deserves some European high end speaks....Depending on which set you get you can bridged the amp to them or bi-amp them with a 4ch.

GSteg
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Seas Lotus Performance :D

Ayrton
11-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I think in your budget you can put in some nice Rainbows, DLS, or Dynaudio's...

x2 and will be nicer than the MBQs imo.

alphakenny1
11-10-2005, 02:19 AM
As said earlier Rainbow, DLS and Dynaudio.

Also being "cheap" doesn't mean that its bad. The Rainbow SLCs is a solid set and it can be compared to some medium to high end component sets. There is an article on the rainbow website where it beat some focal uotopias over in europe in a competition.

azbass
11-10-2005, 02:23 AM
jl clean sweep. a nice 5 chan amp. some comps up front, coax in back, and a nice sub.

Ignatowski
11-10-2005, 07:33 AM
I have an 2006Audi A4,I love it...........

Sweetride01
11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=jncqhmkpc
:omg:

bigbangtheory
11-11-2005, 03:42 AM
I am one day going to be getting these, yeah well I hope.

ID 5.25 compression horn set. I have heard these in a beamer and my god, amazing sound. That is all you would need too. :)