PDA

View Full Version : IB or not?

bsazem22
11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Some of you may have seen my thread about putting my subs into my rear seats ok so I don't feel like explaining it again so just think of it as a wall.

I was wondering, if I put the subs in the "wall" so that the back of the subs were in my trunk and the fronts were in my car, could I just build a box around the back of the sub in the trunk and would that be the same as having it in a box?

The reason I am asking is because this weekend my dad and I are going to do it and I have only heard bad things about IB and I don't really want to do that so would putting the box on the back be the same as having it in a box.

bikejunkie223
11-08-2005, 02:08 AM
just do a sealed box man, very few subs will sound good at all IB.

///M5
11-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Or buy a sub that has parameters for IB and seal your trunk off completely from your car. Both will sound good. For IB though you really need to make sure before you get your sub it will work well that way.

squeak9798
11-09-2005, 11:04 AM
What "bad things" have you heard about IB? For the most part, it is superior to sealed boxes.

But yes, you could fire into the cabin and build the box behind the subwoofers in the trunk. Very commonly done.

bsazem22
11-09-2005, 10:07 PM
well it says in my book for my subs (Kicker Comp C12's) that it "surpasses" the competition with IB, but of course I'm sure they say that to make you think they are awesome, which they aren't the best lol I paid $90 for the set (buy one get one free).

I'm definatly doin it this weekend. I'll post pics of the process for ya'll.