PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about or use a pneumatic staple guns?

NeverEnuffBass
11-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm sick of our manual staple gun its old, ***** to use especially when covering panels and needing a load of staples. Plus an air stapler is a hell of a lot more fun to use. I went to home depot the other day and looked at the Porter Cable that was about $90. Will that one be good for covering panels and stapling fleece down for fiberglass boxes? Or is there another one out there that is better for what I need it for?

vosschs
11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm sick of our manual staple gun its old, ***** to use especially when covering panels and needing a load of staples. Plus an air stapler is a hell of a lot more fun to use. I went to home depot the other day and looked at the Porter Cable that was about $90. Will that one be good for covering panels and stapling fleece down for fiberglass boxes? Or is there another one out there that is better for what I need it for?
porter cable is my choice when buying pnuematic tools, and wood tools......

dbornotdb
11-07-2005, 07:57 PM
I use a $25 gun from Harbour Frieght. And I use the smallest staples they sell there. Been going strong for a year now. no problems.

Moe Lester
11-07-2005, 08:44 PM
the porter cable will last you forever and is an excellent choice :) Itll do exactly what you want.

Omarvelous
11-07-2005, 08:53 PM
How does this look for MDF? Can it handle simple fleece/mdf attachment?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46309

THUNDERBIRD
11-07-2005, 09:42 PM
i got a harbor freight one. but i got it for free my boy conviently forgot to ring it up and then quit 2 days later. the gun works great

Buckshot
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
How does this look for MDF? Can it handle simple fleece/mdf attachment?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46309

Thats a brad nailer, not a stapler. It can be used in the box building process, but no for fleece.

NeverEnuffBass
11-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Thanks for everyones advice. What size staples do you guys use in the guns?

azbass
11-08-2005, 01:30 AM
crown stapler for building a box. and a air fabric stapler for the fleace etc. oh and dont staple your finger to a box, or the table.

ramos
11-08-2005, 08:03 AM
I use a $25 gun from Harbour Frieght. And I use the smallest staples they sell there. Been going strong for a year now. no problems.

Once again I'm with you. I bought the combo brad nailer/ stapler for like $30. Been going strong for well over a year now. Still shoots brads and staples just as good as the day I bought it. :)

Omarvelous
11-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Thats a brad nailer, not a stapler. It can be used in the box building process, but no for fleece.

Got ya, was hoping i could nail the fleece on. I guess i'd get a stapler/nailer combo.

Any1 recommend a CHEAP compressor? Site?

And what gauge of nail is best to use?

ramos
11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I would spend as much as you possibly can on a compressor. It's one thing I Choose not to skimp on as it's the power source for every air powered tool you use. If you decide to wet your feet in the painting department you will be glad you did spend the extra money. :)

NeverEnuffBass
11-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Will any of these shoot 3/8" 10mm staples just like the manual stapler shoots? Or are these too big?