PDA

View Full Version : Moe Lester?

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 01:10 AM
everyone is telling me that you are the go to guy for building boxes...i dont have an exact DIY project in mind yet but i will eventually, right now i am giving you an example of the kind of box i might want built...keep in mind this is just an example, dont build this for me just yet....

http://www.partsexpress.com/projects...p-3/index.html

post me any ?s about materials or anything cuz i dont really know how this works...i would want a pair so plz give me a quote for a pair...

thanks

vosschs
11-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Moe Lester Is A Mother ******* Pimp

flakko
11-06-2005, 01:14 AM
no hes a molester. haha get it?

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 01:14 AM
haha i get it!

Beat_Dominator
11-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I hate Moe :mad:

Moe Lester
11-06-2005, 01:16 AM
:emb:

send me a PM and we can discuss what you want built, but for now I am gonna get some much needed sleep :)

vosschs
11-06-2005, 01:18 AM
:emb:

send me a PM and we can discuss what you want built, but for now I am gonna get some much needed sleep :)
dooooood me 2

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 01:31 AM
jay, how many threads do u post a day LOL

and yeah, i would try a new design then have moe post it up thurr, it'd be more exciting :)

JoseMCeee
11-06-2005, 02:09 AM
moe is the shizznit. I remember that guy from back in the day.

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 11:03 AM
i post quite a few...just cuz i read so much that i dont understand, and then i try using the search thing and it gives me so much crap that i dont want, so i just post new ones...should i stop?

ALSO moe, i tried PMing you before i posteed this thread, said your PM inbox was full and you better delete something before you can get one...i will try again tho...

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 11:05 AM
and yeah, i would try a new design then have moe post it up thurr, it'd be more exciting :)

what do you mean? like come up with something on my own and i havent seen done before? how would i know if the dimensions and size are right? thats why i was looking at the tried and true speaker project threads....been done so we know it works...

Blunt
11-06-2005, 11:13 AM
what do you mean? like come up with something on my own and i havent seen done before? how would i know if the dimensions and size are right? thats why i was looking at the tried and true speaker project threads....been done so we know it works...

dimensions and size are moes job. you say i have these speakers and this much room to put the box and then go form there

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 01:31 PM
dimensions and size are moes job. you say i have these speakers and this much room to put the box and then go form there
:uhoh: i take it you have never designed a loudspeaker? it isn't just getting a certain vb and fb like a car sub box...

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 01:34 PM
yeah make a new design with cheap drivers. if it works, good stuff. if not, u didn't waste alot of money :)

however, if you ARE going to go with a used project, i'd suggest full range (tangband) and i'm getting a boner thinking about PE's new tb line WHICH HAS THE CONES I JUST ORDERED FROM CREATIVE SOUND FOR LIKE 20 DOLLARS MORE :mad:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3&ObjectGroup_ID=576&sm=1&so=2

i personally suggest:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-813
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-815
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-812

all beautiful, and beautiful sounding. :)

-dave

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 01:51 PM
lemans, how would i know how big i want the box, or how many drivers to use? are u just suggesting using one driver, since they are full range?

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 02:12 PM
lemans, how would i know how big i want the box, or how many drivers to use? are u just suggesting using one driver, since they are full range?
yes. one three inch driver in a nice sealed enclosure ( i haven't liked ported full range setups as the basis of full range is flat throughout the spectrum..) will treat you well. you'd have to plot the t/s in a design program like leap, spead, bbp6 or winisd.

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 02:15 PM
ooh the hivi "b" series is top notch as well. one of these days, i'll buy some new ones (i have two, but they are in POS enclosrues that don't deserve to live) and do some blind listening tests with my family and friends between the b series and the TB 871s and i'll post it up here :)

-Dave

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 02:56 PM
yes. one three inch driver in a nice sealed enclosure ( i haven't liked ported full range setups as the basis of full range is flat throughout the spectrum..) will treat you well. you'd have to plot the t/s in a design program like leap, spead, bbp6 or winisd.

what is the t/s? where can i get programs like that? do they tell you the dimensions of the box you should build? cuz i still have no idea where to go once i have chosen my speaker...how do you calculate box dimensions?

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 05:49 PM
1. t/s are the thiele/small parameters. they are the things such as xmax, vas, qts, pe, q...etc
2. you buy them :)
3. some yes, some no (the more expensive, the less they are likely to give u a cut sheet, but they will tell u the dimensions)

4. it would be ideal to just have the program do it for you, but if u want to do it by hand, good luck. it would be best to learn the relations using a program before u started it on ur own.

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 08:16 PM
pay money for computer programs? there has to be another way...did you buy a program....if so which one? does it work well for what you need it for?

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 08:23 PM
pay money for computer programs? there has to be another way...did you buy a program....if so which one? does it work well for what you need it for?
yes lol i bought my bbp6 package (i buy any program that makes me money) and i'm TRYING to get leap and spead from purdue's engineering school (my dad works at iupui and also has a lab at purdue, ftw :cool: )

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 08:27 PM
how much for it dave? and where can i get it from...

PV Audio
11-06-2005, 08:37 PM
iirc, leap is a few k, dunno bout spead and bbp6/xover3 is like 200 for the bundles

jaygeorge1979
11-06-2005, 08:42 PM
whoa snap! two hundy...thats a lil high...lemme kno how getting leap works out for you :) you could always send it my way...muahaha