PDA

View Full Version : General Rule For Speaker To Subwoofer Ratio

UNDERGROUND_BUM
11-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Im woundring if there is a rule SQ people follow while picking speakers to match their sub. right now i have 2 RE SE 10" with a 800 watts to both. do u think if i get a 125*4 multichanel amp to power my componets i will have a good speaker to sub ratio? or will it be to much i want to have my system laid out so i can still hear my mids and high no only bass.

Acidburn
11-04-2005, 12:29 PM
a general guideline for SQ is that you want the same amount on power on mids/highs as on your sub

just what i've heard

audiolife
11-04-2005, 12:59 PM
depends on how well you level match. alot of people go to great detail or say they do to adjust gains and so forth. basically it all means nothing unless its working together. when i adjust i set gains via a voltmeter then tune down. i use pink noise to adjust levels to make sure nothing is killing anything else in output then tune. depending on your amps linearity should stay about the same if not slightly turn it up or down as needed. when ever you adjust you aways need a refference point.

kuijo
11-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Lol, as opposed to audiolife's SQ award winning way of apporaching it. I would say just set the gains with a voltmeter then turn down whichever is loudest till it sounds right. 125x4 sounds good. It will give you some head room, just don't get too increadibly inefficient drivers.