PDA

View Full Version : what kind of speakers fit in the 300zx

trungthiendo
11-02-2005, 05:28 AM
i just recently acquired a 300zx TT, loving it, but the sound could improve...

right now i have a dd9512, hifonics brutus 1500d, tsunami db4440, and alpine 9833 waiting to go in...but i need to figure out what size the speakers are.

i am only planning to replace the speakers in the front(2), and leaving the rear unplugged...the cabin is small so i don't need rear fill.

i'm undecided on the sub, since its not that much space, i'm thinking the dd9512 will be a little much for it...

i looked on crutchfield, and they don't seem to have anything for the zx...i think the speaker sizes are 4.5, that's a little small

i have an idea of what i want, i want a set of components and maybe maybe try my 9512 in there...but that's a huge maybe

aniways anyhelp would be appreciated on the choice of speakers for a relatively good price, interested in boston acoustics since i like the way they sound...full and warm

hate infinity, too harsh, audiobahn...too boomy

zfactor
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
you can fit 6.5" all the way around if you can install. otherwise the fronts are 4" and the rears usualy fit a 5.25". i would go for the 6.5" route

duckfart
11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I used to have the same car the trunk is so ****en small and shallow I doubt u can fit any sub bigger than a 10'. in a small box. I agreed the bose system in it ****** ***.