PDA

View Full Version : few questions about ported/making boxes

M@nJo
11-01-2005, 11:14 PM
got some noob questions:

1) i got 2 solobarics in a sealed box thats 1.0cu ft per sub. what can i expect from going to ported/vented on these 2 solobarics?

2) i seen few ported enclosures for my subs on ebay, are these good boxes? if not, are their any websites that sell ported enclosures for solobarics?

3) where can i find a shop that builds custom sub boxes? what kind of price should i expect?

thanks

mikescanlon
11-02-2005, 06:21 AM
going frmo pre-fab sealed to custom built ported will be like night and day, you can find alot of builders on this forum, but can probably find one on this forum that is local to you so you dont have to ship it, expect ~125-150 bucks for a good builder to make you a good box ~ 225 if you need to have it shipped to you.

most custom shops will build boxes, but make sure they dont just say that they build boxes and just sell prefab ebay boxes for expensive.

ruckus
11-02-2005, 08:50 AM
most custom shops will build boxes, but make sure they dont just say that they build boxes and just sell prefab ebay boxes for expensive.

x2 i seen that too many times. probably be better off asking someone on these forums to do it. find someone close to you would be better. only custom boxes I see on ebay that are worth it, are the boxes BJFish11 makes. might get a better deal contacting him here though but wont be cheap shipping from his location.

M@nJo
11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
i called a shop and they said those ebay port boxes are fine. "they all have ports anyways" :eyebrow: lol

i had one of those vented boxes for my 15" L5 in the past, it was ok, but when it gets loud, you can hear "shuffling (is that what you call it?)" when listening from the trunk. makes natsy noise from the trunk side but cant hear it from drivers seat. anyone know what im talking about?

and if anyone is around the bay area in california (oakland), im looking for a good box builder for 2 12" kicker solobarics. in need of a dual port set up built to kickers specs. want SQL! :veryhapp:

if none, out of these 2, which would offer more SQL for 2 12" kicker l7's?
1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5823944362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5821305853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

vosschs
11-02-2005, 04:35 PM
i like the double vented......

M@nJo
11-03-2005, 02:41 AM
got a vote for #2.
any others?

Moe Lester
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
neither, both are rediculously small enclosures for those subs. They are tuned high and will sound like ****...

vosschs
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
neither, both are rediculously small enclosures for those subs. They are tuned high and will sound like ****...
:laugh: i think he means IF, of the 2 which one is better

bimma85
11-05-2005, 08:16 PM
x 1 billion :).

M@nJo
11-06-2005, 06:20 PM
i emailed kicker and heres their response:

Of the 2 choices you gave me and the fact that you listen to rap and
hip-hop we will have to suggest #2. It is a little small but no so much
that it will be a problem. Just make sure you have 1.75 pounds of
polyfil in each chamber of the box.