PDA

View Full Version : Help with speakers, sub or no sub?

ToolFan
11-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I own a 2002 Chevy Blazer ZR2 (2-door) the speaker setup is:
on dashboard=4x6
in door panels=6.5
rear panel=6x9
The thought process is, can I get good sound with just these size speakers? I love to have some bass, but I sometimes haul crap around in the rear, so if i put a sub box in, I will have limited space, obviously. I guess I could unhook the subs everytime I need to haul something big, but I would prefer to have one solid secure setup. Does anyone know of any good speakers to replace the stock ones that will give me a good range of sound? I mainly listen to hard rock, but I like dance and rap if I am in the mood. I am going to replace the head unit as well.
thank you for your time

alphakenny1
11-01-2005, 06:38 PM
i dunno i'd go with a sub. if you are limited in space buy like an 8" sub.

but like you said if you are in need of the space i think you should upgrade those speakers you should get a decent amount of bass. just amp them up and you should be fine.

tplaya07
11-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah. I would just get some nice 6.5" components for the front, and see if you can make a small wood baffle to accomodate a pair of 8" subs in the 6x9" holes. Just make sure if you put 8"s in there, you sound deaden the area around it to prevent annoying rattles.

analogkid
11-01-2005, 10:00 PM
what about a (hidden) sub with a mtx thunderform or something? they are almost all made to take up an unused space in your car(like behind a side panel in the rear.)

dross93ranger
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1485

If you have some money to spend theres 1 10 for the vehicle and no space taken!

bikejunkie223
11-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Try:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1spCllW2Sxr/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLIN it's a great little add-on sub that's pretty freeking good. You can routinely find them on ebay for about $200

ToolFan
11-03-2005, 01:45 PM
thanks for all of your help. I think I am going to get a sub put in anyways and just borrow some one elses truck for moving stuff:veryhapp:
That infinity basslink is pretty sweet, anyone hook up 2 of them in their vehicle, or are those mainly used for one sub only?
thanks again for your help