PDA

View Full Version : Rule Interpretation

Flipx99
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
In the street class of DB drag racing it allows for 1 battery. Is this one extra battery for the trunk and one for starting the car. Or does it mean one total battery?

boatstoy
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
one battery total for the vehicle and stereo

InhumanAcura
11-01-2005, 04:25 PM
single battery in the stock location...

Mr. Opportunist
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
does it have to be a 12v battery?

InhumanAcura
11-01-2005, 08:13 PM
does it have to be a 12v battery?

6-7i Competitors in the Street A and Street B classes are limited to 1 battery. Competitors in the Street C class are limited to 2 batteries.

Additional Guidelines:

Aftermarket batteries are acceptable.

Batteries must be of the 12-volt variety.

Hybrid (ie 12/16 volt) and/or custom-made batteries are prohibited.

The physical size of each battery is limited to 800 cubic inches (13110 cubic cm) or less. (Height x Length x Width. Excluding the battery terminals.)

The primary battery must be located in the stock OEM location. The secondary battery (if installed) may be mounted wherever the competitor desires behind the B-Pillars or under the hood provided no other applicable rules are violated.

Batteries may not be mounted underneath the vehicle. (Underbody battery boxes, racks, etc. are prohibited.)

Batteries may not be swapped out during the course of an event.

audiolife
11-01-2005, 08:54 PM
the electrical cant go over 14.4 volts

Mr. Opportunist
11-01-2005, 09:52 PM
6-7i Competitors in the Street A and Street B classes are limited to 1 battery. Competitors in the Street C class are limited to 2 batteries.

Additional Guidelines:

Aftermarket batteries are acceptable.

Batteries must be of the 12-volt variety.

Hybrid (ie 12/16 volt) and/or custom-made batteries are prohibited.

The physical size of each battery is limited to 800 cubic inches (13110 cubic cm) or less. (Height x Length x Width. Excluding the battery terminals.)

The primary battery must be located in the stock OEM location. The secondary battery (if installed) may be mounted wherever the competitor desires behind the B-Pillars or under the hood provided no other applicable rules are violated.

Batteries may not be mounted underneath the vehicle. (Underbody battery boxes, racks, etc. are prohibited.)

Batteries may not be swapped out during the course of an event.

thanks, thinking of trying drag next year and im running a 16v for my meca setup just wanted to know if i could do the same for drag.

Randy Savage
11-01-2005, 09:56 PM
thanks, thinking of trying drag next year and im running a 16v for my meca setup just wanted to know if i could do the same for drag.

Lowest class for 16v currently in drag is ss1-2nw

Flipx99
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I wonder how much is the competition difference between streetb and streetmax1-2.
I was thinking of buying another merlin d2 and then buy 2 juggernaut 12's. (since the RMS match pretty good at 1500 watts) I could disconnect the diamond audio and then I would be set.

still questing for 150

InhumanAcura
11-01-2005, 11:15 PM
I wonder how much is the competition difference between streetb and streetmax1-2.
I was thinking of buying another merlin d2 and then buy 2 juggernaut 12's. (since the RMS match pretty good at 1500 watts) I could disconnect the diamond audio and then I would be set.

still questing for 150

street b was won with a 53 or something, streetmax was a 61 even iirc...someone broke a 60 in street c at euro finals :eek:

Flipx99
11-01-2005, 11:25 PM
well, atleast I got my work cut out for me...Now what I am curious is how much of the available trunk space is occupied by the box affects SPL.

Might get a friend and me to go in on a termlab. Is the laptop necessary or does that screen come with it?

Nikuk
11-01-2005, 11:27 PM
test, test, test. Ony way to go.

Oh, and the 1st thing You buy is Your own TL.
The second is a Batt. Charger.

Post up on here or at Termpro for advice, help, tips.

Flipx99
11-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Why does everyone on termpro use a CRX?

Nikuk
11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
the same reason that people on Termpro use cargo vans - makes it MUCH easier to work with.

as You read up & study up, You'll see the specifics.

audiolife
11-01-2005, 11:51 PM
street max walls are allowed as well. less # of competitors in street max but when you run into a legit one you will have your hands full

Flipx99
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Because I actually use my car as DD, I am not too big on walls.

Mr. Opportunist
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
good luck especially if you have a trunk car.

Flipx99
11-02-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah, I do. :(

audiolife
11-03-2005, 01:49 AM
its 14 v even also so if you charge up a good batt you gotta pre fart it so it rests at 14

Flipx99
11-03-2005, 10:08 AM
So...if I do decided to build a wall...would I be in streetmax 1-2 or superstreet 1-2? I have to remove the rear seats. I am not sure if that is considered a body modification or not. 2 subs, 2 amps, 1 battery unless I am in super street 1-2, then I will get another.

amermuscle15
11-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Why does everyone on termpro use a CRX?

Because CRX's tend to be 3-4db louder then any other cars. A friend of mine took a 154db setup in a crx and put it in his dodge omni and it hit exactly 4db lower. Same equipment and everything.

Nikuk
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
So...if I do decided to build a wall...would I be in streetmax 1-2 or superstreet 1-2? I have to remove the rear seats. I am not sure if that is considered a body modification or not. 2 subs, 2 amps, 1 battery unless I am in super street 1-2, then I will get another.

SM 1-2 only requires ZERO MODS in front of the B-Pilalr.
2 subs, any size.
upto 4 amps but only 4 condutors (wires).
1 battery.

You do NOT want to get into SS1-2 with a DD car.

Flipx99
11-03-2005, 03:14 PM
But what about behind the B pillar, ie removing the rear seat to build a wall? The pics on termpro looked liked they removed seats to build a wall.

When it says 4 conductors, would this be legit:...2 runs of 0 ga from battery (under hood) One run of 0 ga to each amp, each amp would have 0 ga ground. 4 connectors right? I would just have to disconnect amp running mids/ highs when I competed, correct?

Looks like SM1-2 may be class for me once I understand the rules. I have read them, just not understand them.

Nikuk
11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
But what about behind the B pillar, ie removing the rear seat to build a wall? The pics on termpro looked liked they removed seats to build a wall.

When it says 4 conductors, would this be legit:...2 runs of 0 ga from battery (under hood) One run of 0 ga to each amp, each amp would have 0 ga ground. 4 connectors right? I would just have to disconnect amp running mids/ highs when I competed, correct?

Looks like SM1-2 may be class for me once I understand the rules. I have read them, just not understand them.

What part of "SM 1-2 only requires ZERO MODS in front of the B-Pilalr" doesnt make sense?

By conductors the rules mean Speaker wire. You can literally have as many power wires from the battery as You like (so long as no other rule is violated). But You can only have (4) wires runing between the amp(s) and the enclosure.

So (2) neg., (2) pos..

Flipx99
11-03-2005, 11:36 PM
What part of "SM 1-2 only requires ZERO MODS in front of the B-Pilalr" doesnt make sense?

By conductors the rules mean Speaker wire. You can literally have as many power wires from the battery as You like (so long as no other rule is violated). But You can only have (4) wires runing between the amp(s) and the enclosure.

So (2) neg., (2) pos..

I see....so running DVC is okay as long as 4 total wires lead from amp to enclosure (2 amps at wire wires each is good)

...You didn't have to type all large like that. A mere "that is correct" would have sufficed. Either way, I am thankful for your help.

MegaHurtz
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
btw, people use CRX because they are the loudest cars in street. same reason they used panda in europe.

Nikuk
11-04-2005, 09:11 AM
I see....so running DVC is okay as long as 4 total wires lead from amp to enclosure (2 amps at wire wires each is good)

...You didn't have to type all large like that. A mere "that is correct" would have sufficed. Either way, I am thankful for your help.

DVC is fine but QVC is a no-no.

upto 4 total wires between the amp & enclosure.

Yea, You're welcome.