PDA

View Full Version : Which Horns?? for my system

BoominBeast
10-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I just cant seem to decide on set of horns. I need some thing that will keep up with the MOnster bass.

3 XXX 18's 4-5 cubes sealed
3 orion 2500d's
4 XXX 6.5's
Jl 300/4
Alpine IVAD300 In-Dash DVD / CD Receiver 7" Monitor
audiocontrol epicenter
equalizer

need some horns.

Eugenics
10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
hope you'll be sending more power to the mids

BoominBeast
10-31-2005, 07:11 PM
hope you'll be sending more power to the mids

I will.
150 rms to each xxx 6.5

kotec123
10-31-2005, 07:17 PM
thats one bad fckin *** system right thurr....

Omarvelous
10-31-2005, 07:18 PM
3 18s......4-5cuft sealed???? :uhoh:

Hmmm...... is that even possible?

Can't give em more space?

If your gonna do it man, do it right!

XtrmAudioCncpts
10-31-2005, 07:20 PM
whats your budget or do you have one?

BoominBeast
10-31-2005, 07:20 PM
3 18s......4-5cuft sealed???? :uhoh:

Hmmm...... is that even possible?

Can't give em more space?

If your gonna do it man, do it right!

4-5 cubes EACH....

squeak9798
10-31-2005, 07:21 PM
ID CD 2Comps sound right up your alley.

There's a pair for sale from a great seller on ECA right now aswell: http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=121079

zfactor
10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
^^^^^^ 100% agreed but i would get the neo's if i could they sound amazing with very little power. make sure to have some procc. power for horns though as they usually dont sound fantastic out of the box.
they WILL get loud as hell though. i use the cd2 comp neo's myself and i love them

squeak9798
10-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Neos = :greedy:

For someone looking for just great sounding high output speakers, the regular CD2's are great (especially at the price csuflyboy is selling them for). Not worth the extra money for the Neo's IMHO.

BoominBeast
10-31-2005, 07:28 PM
whats your budget or do you have one?

No budget

zfactor
10-31-2005, 07:28 PM
for me it was... i love the neos. but yes the reg cd2's sound awsome also almost as good as the neo's. like i said if you have the money buy the neo's if not get the reg cd2's

squeak9798
10-31-2005, 07:35 PM
for me it was... i love the neos.

Yes, I forgot to add the qualifier "in circumstances like these" :D

I didn't mean to imply that the Neo's were never worth the money.

Omarvelous
10-31-2005, 11:08 PM
4-5 cubes EACH....

;)

BoominBeast
10-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah i was thinking about the Neo's. gotta figure our out how to power em.
Omarvelous, heh, your coming soon setup sounds awefully similar.

HeatSeeker
11-01-2005, 12:04 AM
ID CD 2Comps sound right up your alley.

There's a pair for sale from a great seller on ECA right now aswell: http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=121079

****, should have got those....errr wait a sec...:D

Omarvelous
11-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah i was thinking about the Neo's. gotta figure our out how to power em.
Omarvelous, heh, your coming soon setup sounds awefully similar.

Yea too bad it NEVER got off the ground! I should just erase it, been ther for a while now.

But ur right we have taste!!! :naughty:

I'm curious about the CD2 Neos, ID sells em? Can't find any info on their site.

audiolife
11-01-2005, 12:17 AM
cd-1 pros cd-2 cd-2 neo cd-3 ultra, usd c and b's and if your rich get the super A... crossfire makes some too never messed withem and squeak did ya sell your illussions? those would work great too. horns should have 24 db x over slopes at least and the more eq you have the better at least 5 bands in horns range prefferably more. all these get plenty loud on another note so do beyma's but they would need a mid range to go along with em for components those are 4 db up on my old favs easily and stay clean doing it.

Omarvelous
11-01-2005, 12:27 AM
cd-1 pros cd-2 cd-2 neo cd-3 ultra, usd c and b's and if your rich get the super A... crossfire makes some too never messed withem and squeak did ya sell your illussions? those would work great too. horns should have 24 db x over slopes at least and the more eq you have the better at least 5 bands in horns range prefferably more. all these get plenty loud on another note so do beyma's but they would need a mid range to go along with em for components those are 4 db up on my old favs easily and stay clean doing it.

Beyma mids right...not horns?

I've heard a few beyma, would u say the output is close to horns?

When i heard em, neva heard just them. Always had a couple of 15s accompanying them.

audiolife
11-01-2005, 12:32 AM
for components (they offer some very stout tweeters also ) yes they can get loud my cd-3s were still alot louder but those could actually drown out my subs lol and totaly banish my mid bass.. just depends horns are usually ALOT louder than components not so much there though. if you tune it right the midbasses will still be the things holdin you back..even with 4 and a big horn like a cd-2 on up

Omarvelous
11-01-2005, 01:40 AM
for components (they offer some very stout tweeters also ) yes they can get loud my cd-3s were still alot louder but those could actually drown out my subs lol and totaly banish my mid bass.. just depends horns are usually ALOT louder than components not so much there though. if you tune it right the midbasses will still be the things holdin you back..even with 4 and a big horn like a cd-2 on up

good to know.

For a second there, thought Beyma started making Horns. Was about to google that, becuase i know they are known for the drivers, imagine their horns.

wow....so 2 sets of XXXers not good enough for the mids? Any other recomendations?

Sorry man, not thread jacking!! :cool:

squeak9798
11-01-2005, 01:41 AM
****, should have got those....errr wait a sec...:D

You are just as good off, if not a little better ;)

squeak9798
11-01-2005, 01:42 AM
and squeak did ya sell your illussions?

HeatSeeker presently has them on lay-a-way

audiolife
11-01-2005, 01:48 AM
good to know.

For a second there, thought Beyma started making Horns. Was about to google that, becuase i know they are known for the drivers, imagine their horns.

wow....so 2 sets of XXXers not good enough for the mids? Any other recomendations?

Sorry man, not thread jacking!! :cool:
they are fine just a horn is usually toned down in a normal set up they can get really loud if you give them 60 watts (cd-2 or 3) and roll your window down you can hear them from a long way away (for me more than 2 full blocks) and know what is playing lol

HeatSeeker
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh yea just a quick question, tried searching and couldnt find an answer. Would playing horns too low damage or blow em? Im gonna be using the internal xover of the headunit and im paranoid the settings will get reset somehow and result in my babies dying :crap:
Or do they just naturally roll off at a certain point?

audiolife
11-01-2005, 03:19 PM
it effects power handeling you will know very easily when you distort a horn lol the whol thing sounds horrid

HeatSeeker
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
So it'll just sound like crap but not actaully blow? Ill have 25w to em btw

audiolife
11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
it might blow nd it actually crackles no music what so ever

HeatSeeker
11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
it might blow nd it actually crackles no music what so ever
:crap: thats no good, I was thinking of just making a simple passive xover that doesnt allow it to play below a certain frequency no matter what, just in case something happens. Then again it might just be easier to pick up one of those cheap coustic active xovers on ebay..hmmm...

squeak9798
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
So it'll just sound like crap but not actaully blow? Ill have 25w to em btw

LOL....you won't use anywhere near that much power :D

You'll end up actually using maybe 3-5 watts at most, unless you wanna go deaf real quick like :D

Also, you can buy replacement diaphrams for the Illusion horns. So, if anything should go wrong, a few bucks will get you back up and running again.

HeatSeeker
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
LOL....you won't use anywhere near that much power :D

You'll end up actually using maybe 3-5 watts at most, unless you wanna go deaf real quick like :D

Oh lol. Well Im sure I would have learned that while gain setting anyways heh:cool:

Also, you can buy replacement diaphrams for the Illusion horns. So, if anything should go wrong, a few bucks will get you back up and running again.

Ah sounds good, for some reason I was under the impression they were done for when they blew.