PDA

View Full Version : big system, little truck

drgitfgt
10-30-2005, 07:46 PM
so I just joined this site today and I like it so far. seems fairly laid back. I just got my truck about 3 days ago, and I'm already doing things to it (shaving, etc.). I'm going to start concentrating on getting my system in it that I had in my Acura. it's 3 JL 10W6s and a 1200 watt amp. it's going in a '95 standard cab Ranger. I'm thinking one behind each seat and one in a custom center console that attaches to the box behind the seats, then the amp would be mounted below the sub in the middle..I'd really have to draw it all up on Paint or something but have no idea how to do so..can somebody help me? all help/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance

Justin

maldecido33
10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
help drawing it?

use Sketch Up.

and if I were you, unless this is gonna be a show truck, don't take out your center seat for a console. you'll regret it, i did and switched back

2 10"s in a reg cab will hit plenty hard (it's what I have)

drgitfgt
10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
do you know about how many dB you're hitting? I hit 145 in the Integra with crappy highs/mids and whatnot

BassBEAST88
10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
You could either sketch one yourself on paint or w/e thats reasonable and post it or just ask someone to draw on for you for a few paypal bux! They will be able to draw you a sketch and tell you how big itll be and how they will be tuned and whatnot! i would do 1 behind each seat and a custom fiberglass on in the center OR 1 behind in each seat and sell the 3rd for some cash for any other parts another Alt. or just something else! My 2 cents

drgitfgt
10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
I'd rather stick with all 3. I love the sound they produce. they hit sooooo hard. when they were in my Acura, I could drive by peoples' house and shake the plates in their kitchen. I **** you not, my buddy called me one night after I had driven by his house and was like "dude you just shook the plates in my kitchen when you drove by" and like the next day I drove by another guy's house and when I saw him later he said his kitchen floor was shaking when I drove by. they could be heard half a mile away!

maldecido33
10-30-2005, 08:46 PM
they will sound louder in a reg cab truck than in an acura

i recommend not doing it

but if you want, go ahead

drgitfgt
10-30-2005, 10:59 PM
why would I not like taking the center seat out? nobody ever rides there and I never use it for anything else..I want bucket seats and I want to wrap my box in either leather or something soft and cushiony and whatnot..

traksta15
10-30-2005, 11:03 PM
just do a blow through and be done with it...............

kuijo
10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
they will sound louder in a reg cab truck than in an acura

i recommend not doing it

but if you want, go ahead

No they won't
I took my system out of my truck and put it in my RSX and it sounds a lot louder. Its the cabin gain.

x2 on the blow through if u really want to go this route on a ranger.

406er
10-30-2005, 11:05 PM
blow through

drgitfgt
10-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I thought about a blow through, but I'm body dropping my truck soon so that would possibly (very likely) pose a problem..

I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions on a blow through from many people, so it's hard to decide..

thanks a lot guys for all the thoughts though, keep 'em coming!

hcoronado
11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I dont see what the problem is with a blow-through! I mean if done correctly....it could sound amazing!

bodydropping the truck? how much are you bodydropping it?

you could get away by running the ports of the box through the back, therefore allowing the bass to rush in to the cabin and still bodydrop that tank!

anyhow i have buckets and blow through and i am very happy with it.

drgitfgt
11-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I still like the idea of buckets and a center console and all..I dunno..

Stem
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
wuts a blow through?

skmfkr
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
i took out my console and put a 12 in its place and i dont regret it at all

Loud3
11-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Depending on the bodydrop (conventional, or stockfloor) that could or could not mess with your audio plans. Either way, the floor will be raised, and you'll lose potental space. A blowthrough would still work, but you'd have to know for sure the extent of the bodydrop.

We did a blowthrough on a singlecab Sdime with a 3" stockfloor and didn't have a problem at all, but the bodydrop was already done by the time we got our hands on it.

Hit me up and I'll be able to point you in the right direction.

2kchevy06civic
11-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I took out my center seat in my 2000 chevy silverado, I don't regret it either.

swc204
11-02-2005, 01:13 AM
throw a shitload of re 8"s behind the seat........like the guy on ROE did with his regular cab.

Omarvelous
11-02-2005, 09:56 AM
wuts a blow through?

It's when u cut the rear of the cabin.

Some then use part of the bed or all as an enclosure.

check ROE, xxx truck.

Lot of Avalanchers/EXTs do this.

hcoronado
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
check my gallery for some pictures! i am not done with it yet though!

drgitfgt
11-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I saw your truck like the day I signed up on the site..it looks good..but I dunno that I'm willing to do this on my own..with having no experience in blow throughs and all..would it sound good?

:edit: I want to bring the box inside the cab just a few inches or so and tuck the rest into the bed (or however far outside the cab it goes)..

maldecido33
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
yea it'll sound good, and you have nearly an infinite amount of possibility with what you wanna do. use the whole bed as an enclosure.

http://truckinweb.com/tech/0511tr_view/index.html

look on the s10 forums, lotta guys there have done blow throughs

drgitfgt
11-08-2005, 12:27 AM
hmmm...interesting. thanks a bunch! ..but what about when I go to notch my frame for my 'bags? I'll have to cut some of my floor out for the notch to come through and whatnot...

..and can somebody point me in the direction of an S-10 forum? thanks :)

maldecido33
11-08-2005, 01:24 AM
i don't know about the whole baggin ur truck and having that work w/ the blowthrough. never done that before.

Loud3
11-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Go spend some time looking around www.streetsourcemag.com

Excellent people.

xchaosx
11-10-2005, 02:28 PM
www.s10forum.com i'll tell you do a blow thru i did one way loud for a DD but you better wait untill you have it dropped and notched before you even bother with any of that you have no idea of box and how much airspace you will have it's not hard to do pm me if you need a coach or any tips and btw NO you will not be as loud close but NO

drgitfgt
11-12-2005, 05:49 PM
well I might have everything sold now but I dunno..I've got some people looking at my setup...what are some estimates of what I could get out of everything? (the 3 10s, 3 amps, box, all wiring, brand new (never hooked up) Power Akoustics electronic crossover, etc...