PDA

View Full Version : car doesnt have tweets

ChrisC
10-30-2005, 01:56 AM
i just bought new coaxials in the front, but i want more of a surround sound type of feel in my car, so i want to get tweeters, because my car didnt come with any. all i have is the coaxials on the side doors. so it feels like all the sound is coming from the lower half of the car. What will i have to purchase? X-overs and tweets? or just tweets? or a whole new component set? and how will the wiring go for the tweets, and where will the wires from the tweets plug into?

AVSTANG02
10-30-2005, 01:03 AM
the easiest option would be to get rid of the coaxials and install a set of components that comes with tweeters and matched crossovers...

lookin for something cheap go with Pheonix Gold components.. want something mid priced go with CDT components...

azbass
10-30-2005, 01:06 AM
find some tweets with caps to go in line with the speaker wire, i know jl has some. if you wana go that route

ChrisC
10-30-2005, 01:17 AM
caps? which jl tweeters have those?

Loud3
10-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I have a set of Crossfire P1 tweeters, that can be flushmounted, with the inline 12db crossover, that I have lying around. They're still in the box, and I wouldn't mind seeing them gone, I'm asking $28 shipped. Let me know.