PDA

View Full Version : What does box tuning frequency means?

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
10-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi, i have used the search buttob etc...but what does it means when i tune a box for 20, 25 or 40Hz? i only know that the SSf must be set 1/4 of an octave lower than the tuning frequencies so that very low frequencies dont pass to the sub. What will happen if a box is tuned to 30 rather than 40Hz? Thx

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
10-29-2005, 07:22 PM
the SSf decides how low frequencies can pass, if box is tuned to 40Hz it means that below 40Hz the woofer will have a very high displacement and will be dammaged? What is the best average tuning frequency, it depends on what:) thx again

ruckus
10-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Hi, i have used the search buttob etc...but what does it means when i tune a box for 20, 25 or 40Hz?

your tuning the ports in the box, certain lengths of port tune it to different frequencies.

ruckus
10-29-2005, 11:20 PM
the SSf decides how low frequencies can pass, if box is tuned to 40Hz it means that below 40Hz the woofer will have a very high displacement and will be dammaged? What is the best average tuning frequency, it depends on what:) thx again
depends on the sub, and no 40hz wont damage most subs. I run my subs at 40hz but it does sound peaky for some subs to run that high. most subs for daily drivers tune between 25hz-37hz depending on the sub, music listened to, desired output (SPL, SQ)