PDA

View Full Version : cold remote control = non function?

M@nJo
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
now that its chilly in CA, my remote control to my pioneer premier P8-MP deck wont work on cold climate days. when its pretty heated and warm, it would work as soon as i press the first button, but now, the remote has to be warm so i gotta turn on the heater and let it sit by it for awhile before it could work.

does anyone else have this problem or is this a sign that i have a low battery in the remote control?

MastaFlex
10-26-2005, 02:53 PM
thats funny, who needs a remote

negativezeroz
10-26-2005, 03:04 PM
there are controls on the HU itself for a reason....you cant do but lik 1/2134245th of the functions w a remote...just dont be lazy and use your controls on your HU like they were designed for...

how cold is it anyways? my remote always works and its gotten to freezing here in past couple nights... even tho I dont use it ;)

Decado
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Why not use the remote, for one if you're driving around and messing with settings it helps so you don't get distracted from ur driving. And also, it comes in very handy with sirius if you're switching around channels and ****.

M@nJo
10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
its not freezing cold, just chilly.

this may sound stupid but when i press the knob for the next track, i mistakenly press the up button and that skips to the next folder lol. and for the pause/att/audio buttons too. its more convienent when driving too;)