PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading front speakers...

SaiyanEye
10-26-2005, 02:11 AM
I am thinking about getting two Kicker R4 4" Midrange Woofers, they are older speakers, I am just wondering how good they are...

SaiyanEye
10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
I swear nobody even looks at my posts....

XtrmAudioCncpts
10-26-2005, 01:07 PM
if you dont get replies it doesnt mean that no one looks at your thread it maybe because you are asking a question and if they dont know they answer they arent going to post in your thread.

i have not used the 4" kicker mids you are talking about. are you wanting to add them to a component set you already have? or what?

Decado
10-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Ya, I would say that 4" is a bit small if you're going 2 way, you'll have a definite lack of midbass. If you're going 3 way and have a dedicated midbass they could be good, but i've never heard/heard anything about them...

alphakenny1
10-26-2005, 02:19 PM
^ agree. you probably need a 5 or 6 inch woofer to get some midbass. if you are just using a midrange and a tweeter then you'll hear probably no bass at all. your fronts have only 4" holes?

SaiyanEye
10-27-2005, 05:47 AM
I was just planning on putting them in my factory slot I have, I guess I could try cut where it mounts to make it fit... It mounts onto metal, what would be good for cutting circles in metal with precision. It's thin metal about the thickness of a cd if not thinner.

GSteg
10-27-2005, 12:34 PM
eh. 4" in a 2-way is a bit small. Expect little output relative to 6.5" mids. You'll lack dynamic, especially because of the missing midbass output.

Decado
10-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I was just planning on putting them in my factory slot I have, I guess I could try cut where it mounts to make it fit... It mounts onto metal, what would be good for cutting circles in metal with precision. It's thin metal about the thickness of a cd if not thinner.

Is your stock speaker mount something that can be removed? Or is the speaker screwed right into the door panel w/o being able to take w/e the speakers attached to off? If the latter is true, you may want to try kickpanels or door pods...

SaiyanEye
11-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Is your stock speaker mount something that can be removed? Or is the speaker screwed right into the door panel w/o being able to take w/e the speakers attached to off? If the latter is true, you may want to try kickpanels or door pods...

They are in the dash, the only thing is, I think kick panels would look tacky in my car.