PDA

View Full Version : Componet Selection

TimidSh0ck
10-25-2005, 02:14 AM
I have been eyeballing a few choices in componets to go in the vehicle im about to purchase. I basically want any personal experience you may have had with these, so any input is very welcome.

Note: I will be using a JL 2 channel amp to give 75wrms-100wrms to each.

Diamond Audio D661a - 6.5s Up front, with a set of Diamond Audio Coax. in the rear.

MB Quart PCE216 - Up front, with some MB coax in the rear to compliment.

JL Audio XR650CSi - Up front with JL coax, in the rear.

The rear will be powered by the headunit...

My intentions are to keep the brands the same throughout, in hopes of keeping the cone materials alike if possible, not sure if it matters or not, but i would imagine it does.

My only concern is that the rear passengers my not get decent sound quality..

As stated above, any input would be very welcome.

radiohead76
10-25-2005, 03:17 AM
i would do the diamonds and use the rear fill output to power coax instead of headunit

TimidSh0ck
10-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a plan...I really like the diamonds...and I am planning on going with a diamond audio as a brand of choice for my sub also.

JettaGLI
10-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Sounds like a plan...I really like the diamonds...and I am planning on going with a diamond audio as a brand of choice for my sub also.

I just did jl vr's all the way around, comps up front and coax in the back. After about a month, I realized that having coaxis in the back was makeing my system sound like ****. I ditched the whole setup for the JL xr 3 way set. JMO , but I like JL, even though there are better choices. I have had JL products since the first w6/w3's came out and have been hooked ever since.

6spdcoupe
10-26-2005, 12:52 AM
DAs would get my vote.

zfactor
10-26-2005, 01:35 AM
out of the ones listed i would go diamond but i think there are better choices out there