PDA

View Full Version : What I noticed with my CDT HD52's

Intercooler
10-24-2005, 11:14 PM
The guy I got them from DJDillion (I think that is it!) told me they like power. I originally installed them with my 800.4 amp which gave them 100 watts per side. He told me they would need 150 watts per side to hear them really play. Well.... the front stage seemed to always be a little off or low sounding. A blessing in disguise happened when the 800.4 went toes up so while it was out for repair I had a 550.2 installed to get me going again. Now they have 140 watts per side and the difference is amazing! :D Now everything is darn near perfect and the mids/tweets sound just amazing. Always want more mid-bass but everything is meshing about perfect. I would never have imagined 40 watts would do an about face but it did and I would have to say these guys know their stuff on the pieces they sell.

duckfart
10-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I have the Cdt K-61 series their 100 rms but I'm only feeding them 60 rms off an old *** jensen 4 channel amp. I'm wondering will I notice a big difference If I get a profile 2 channel amp that puts out 100 rms per channel ?

Intercooler
10-25-2005, 07:05 AM
I have the Cdt K-61 series their 100 rms but I'm only feeding them 60 rms off an old *** jensen 4 channel amp. I'm wondering will I notice a big difference If I get a profile 2 channel amp that puts out 100 rms per channel ?You are basically doubling the power so it should. In my case I was floored how much difference it made. It looks like the close you can get to the rating the better they will play.

chubby
10-25-2005, 12:07 PM
I have the Cdt K-61 series their 100 rms but I'm only feeding them 60 rms off an old *** jensen 4 channel amp. I'm wondering will I notice a big difference If I get a profile 2 channel amp that puts out 100 rms per channel ?

i doubt it will make a difference, those speakers ****.

duckfart
10-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Well I'm going to get a profile 2 channel amp that does either 100 rms x2 or 150 rms x2 and if that doesnt do it for me then I'll probably get me some PG xenon 6.5 or Alpine Type R comps. The Xenon sound like a bargain @ less tan $100 shipped and I heard many good things about them.

tplaya07
10-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Those speakers don't "****". Granted, they are not DynAudio, Iridium, Alpine F1, or the liking, but they don't come with their price tag either. With proper power, tuning, aiming, sound deadening, etc, just about any component set can be made to sound pretty **** good.