PDA

View Full Version : cd8445

Dozy_production
10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
just bought a cd8445 and recieved no manual. just wanted to know how to install the power cord to the cars power cable just because i never dealt with that tricky of a box for the power cord. thanks

tRiGgEr
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Where did you get it?

You just install the yellow to a constant power source 12v, then the red to a 12v ignition cable.

mikegett
10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
No offense, but you should never have purchased a HU like that without a manual. The controls are very complex and I can guarantee that you will spend most of your time posting forums for how to questions concerning eq, memory stick, crossover and e-iserve settings. I am just guessing, but I believe that manual is probably around 80 pages.

Abel
10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Where did you get it?

You just install the yellow to a constant power source 12v, then the red to a 12v ignition cable.

Other way around!

MegaHurtz
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Other way around!Maybe in bizarro world

tRiGgEr
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Other way around!

LIER!!!!!!!:mad: :laugh:

MegaHurtz
10-24-2005, 09:37 PM
BTW, I got my CD8445 with no manual as well (I have it now) and there was SO much that I had to check in the manual for, but I didn't have it to check. The deck may seem very simple but there is a lot that you can do that you won't be able to figure out until you get a manual.

Dozy_production
10-25-2005, 12:37 AM
about that manual. I need to get it. Any one wanting to shove one aside or where i can get it. Now before you say call eclipse thats what ill do tomorrow. Ok now to the hu. I confused the power wires with the ground wire. Its connected to this metal box and i was wondering what i gotta do bout it.

mikegett
10-25-2005, 12:44 AM
You may want to hold off on installing the deck. The metal box is not power or ground. It is part of the HU most suseptable to noise interferance. The box should be placed as far from any electrical componants as possible. The color scheme for the harness is pretty standard. Red and yellow are power and black is ground.

Dozy_production
10-25-2005, 12:45 AM
never mind about that. etch the question about the ground. now about were can i get a manual?

yeah im kinda tripping over myself about the wiring. been a long day an plausible excuse anymore?

tRiGgEr
10-25-2005, 11:26 AM
yeah im kinda tripping over myself about the wiring. been a long day an plausible excuse anymore?

What makes it worse, is on the top of the unit they are labled in a color scheme...

It tells you exactly what they are...

Diplexers
10-26-2005, 07:51 AM
just to let you know I have the 8455 and the manual is 238 pages. I believe the 8445 is around 150 pages. These decks have way too many features to figure out on your own. CALL ECLIPSE!!!:p:

Dozy_production
10-26-2005, 09:57 AM
called them. they dont provide the manuals. Got to call other guys. its aight but they wouldnt even give me a price because i wasnt a vendor. well this other place closes at
5:30 easter time so 2: 30 western time for me. im still in school that time. grrrr. yeah, thanks for the input guys.

i guess i can ask something since its here. IM going to put new speaker wiring to replace the stock wiring in my civic 95'. i bought a lot of 18 gauge wire. could i just connect (solder/tape) these new speaker wires directly to their connections from the eclipse unit harness? or would i have to connect them some how through the civic wiring harness?

Diplexers
10-26-2005, 06:43 PM
called them. they dont provide the manuals. Got to call other guys. its aight but they wouldnt even give me a price because i wasnt a vendor. well this other place closes at
5:30 easter time so 2: 30 western time for me. im still in school that time. grrrr. yeah, thanks for the input guys.

i guess i can ask something since its here. IM going to put new speaker wiring to replace the stock wiring in my civic 95'. i bought a lot of 18 gauge wire. could i just connect (solder/tape) these new speaker wires directly to their connections from the eclipse unit harness? or would i have to connect them some how through the civic wiring harness?
If you want to do it right, run new wires to each speaker (no splices). However, splicing behind the HU is fine as long as you have a factory color code or a tone generator. What ever happens with the manual you are going to be very pleased with that head unit.

ToyTundra
10-26-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.ursdealer.com/ says they have eclipse manuals

If you need to order Eclipse parts or owners manuals call our Automotive Division at 800-448-0944 and ask for the parts department

FoxPro5
10-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Yep United Radio has Eclipse manuals. And as far as wiring it is pretty much just matching the colors of the Eclipse to your factory wiring harness.

Dozy_production
10-27-2005, 02:34 AM
thanks for the input! another question. im kinda connected the the hu wires with the wire harness for the car. Kinda as in i twisted the wires together just enough to test the unit. Now the unit works ok besides the fact that it wont eject and plays cd when i randomly move the unit around. I dont want to call it broken because, it problably isnt, but if i were to solder (which i will be doing anyways on friday) could i expect the unit to function correctly? just want to know how to title this unit: broken, working, or something in between

Diplexers
10-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Stolen:( :( :mad:

Dozy_production
10-27-2005, 10:06 AM
ya... you got me alright. :sneaky: or mabye i bought it off of this site from some one. anyone?

tRiGgEr
10-27-2005, 11:02 AM
You cant just twist wires together and slap on some electrical tape... Go to autozone and pick up some wire crimp connectors.

http://doityourself.com/store/wirenutsandconnectors.htm

Dozy_production
10-27-2005, 01:13 PM
well i just got the unit so i was just doing that to test the unit. When i got the unit it was still attached to the last owners wiring harness and it was just slapped together. thats why im asking about the soldering. whew