PDA

View Full Version : which one should i get

newdavid
10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
2 Pairs Of Pioneer TS-A6991R (Front/Back)

6x9 5-Way Speaker with 460 Watts Max Power
RMS 160 watts Each Pair
Frequency Response 25Hz ~ 35kHz
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 93dB

OR

2 Pairs Of Pioneer Premier TS-A641P (Front/Back)

6.5 4-Way Speaker with 260 Watts Max Power
RMS 100 watts Each Pair
Frequency Response 30Hz ~ 33kHz
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 91dB

OR

2 Pairs Of Pioneer TS-A1681R (Front/Back)

6.5 4-Way Speaker with 260 Watts Max Power
RMS 100 watts Each Pair
Frequency Response 30Hz ~ 33kHz
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 91dB

I HEARD THE PIONEER REV SERIES TS-D691R 350WATTS MAX 160 RMS PAIR AND AFTER THAT I LISTENED TO THE 5 WAY SPEAKERS MENTIONED OBOVE AND THE 5 WAY THE SOUND WAS MORE CLEAR AND AT THE SAME VOLUME LOUD ASWELL AND MY FREIND HAS A 2005 FORD FOCUS WITH FACTORY SETUP HE HAS 4 6.5 SONY SPEAKERS EITHER 2 OR 4 WAY XPLOD ONES AND 1 8 INCH SUB HOOKED TO 150WATTS RMS AMP THE SUB IS ALSO SONY XPLOD AND HIS SYSTEM SOUNDED GOOD TO ME I REALLY DONT WANT COMPETETION LEVEL SOUND AND I HEARD ALOT OF BAD STUFF ABT SONY AND THAT PIONEER IS WAY BETTER SO NOW IVE DECIDED THAT ILL GET PIONEER SPEAKERS HOOK THEM WITH MY PIONEER 770 HU (BTW MY FREIND HAD A FACTORY HU WITH 6 CD CHNAGER AND I DONT THINK ITS ALL THAT GREAT STILL THE SOUND WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME SO I WAS CONFUSED IVE HEARD ALOT OF GOOD THINGS ABT 6.5INCH SPEAKERS BUT NOT ALOT ABT 6X9 BUT I DID SOME RESEARCH ON BOTH AND 6X9 5 WAY HAD 5 STAR AND 6.5INCH HAD 4 SO NOW IM CONFUSED AND WANT TO FINALLY PICK ONE OF THESE SPEAKERS AND GET STARTED

AND I DO NEED REAR FILL BECOZ I ALWAYS HAVE PEOPLE IN THE BACK AND I WANT SAME SIZE SPEAKERS BECOZ I HEARD 6X9 IN THE BACK AND 6.5 IN FRONT IN SOMEONES CAR AND IT DINT SOUND RITE THE 6X9 WERE PRODUCING SOUND BEFORE THE 6.5 SO AT HIGH VOLUME IT GOT MIXED UP .....

SO HELP ME DECIDE ONE OF THESE SPEAKERS ILL BE HOOKING THEM WITH PIONEER 770 HU and will have 2 12inch pioneer premier subs with like 150rms to each sub

i know this setup will sound better then my freind sony coz i have better HU and 2 subs and pioneer speakers are way better then sony aswell but from these 3 speakers which will sound the best the 6x9 are more expensive so they should be the best but i dont know y people tell me 6.5 is better so for one last time ill ask the same question

pick one for me thanks

newdavid
10-24-2005, 03:53 PM
hellooooooo

req
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
go with some mediocre components (seperates) in the front and some mediocre coaxials in the back. use a small 100x2@4 ohm 2 channel amp for the front speakers, back off the headunit... and fade to the front.

maybe alpine components? they are resonably priced, or resonant engineering RE components? like $150 iirc? www.reaudio.com

then a little 2 channel amp.
http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap400.html

thatl be enough to power some compoentns at a small price. just get some power wire (id run 4 just incase you decide to get a subwoofer too) and some RCA's

then get whatever coaxial speakers for rear fill that you desire, if you set them up right (fade 75% to the front) you will barely hear them.

thats my opinion.

oh yea. anything more than 2-way is just complete hype and over engineered. dont waste your money on that crap. get some $25 2-way rear fill coaxials that will drop into the stock locations and call it a day.

tRiGgEr
10-24-2005, 04:02 PM
1.) Please stop typing in caps. It annoys many readers.
2.) Ditch the 4 or 5 way coaxil idea. A standard 2 way is effective enough. You will gain nothing from going 3-5 way speakers.
3.) Ditch pioneer speakers. Check out some MB Quart, or Alpine, even online brands.

newdavid
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
i dont want naything but pioneer i like alpine but i heard thier 6x9 with pioneer 6x9 almost same specs and they sounded the same pioneer one was better coz it dint distort when the volume was all the way up ( with amp ) and pioneer was cheeper aswell all of alpine products price is too much

a 6 cd chnager alpine will cost u Target Retail Price US $330.00 and pioneer 6 cd will cost u M.S.R.P. $180.00 thats the price they had on thier websites they both have almost the same functions alpine asks too much money just for its name i also asked the guy in the store to swicth the amp on these speakers i tried the the alpine MRV-F345 1st and then the pioneer GM-6100F and there was only a bit of a difference and that was just becoz alpine was 75x4 n pioneer was 60x4

but the difference in price FORGET IT in simple alpine just rips people im not saying they dont make good stuff but over priced

JimJ
10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
2.) Ditch the 4 or 5 way coaxil idea. A standard 2 way is effective enough. You will gain nothing from going 3-5 way speakers.
3.) Ditch pioneer speakers. Check out some MB Quart, or Alpine, even online brands.

I'll agree entirely with the first sentence, but apparently, the REV series coaxials seem to get good reviews...a few people around here have listened to them, I haven't had any personal experience with them though.

Eugenics
10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
i dont want naything but pioneer i like alpine but i heard thier 6x9 with pioneer 6x9 almost same specs and they sounded the same pioneer one was better coz it dint distort when the volume was all the way up ( with amp ) and pioneer was cheeper aswell all of alpine products price is too much

a 6 cd chnager alpine will cost u Target Retail Price US $330.00 and pioneer 6 cd will cost u M.S.R.P. $180.00 thats the price they had on thier websites they both have almost the same functions alpine asks too much money just for its name i also asked the guy in the store to swicth the amp on these speakers i tried the the alpine MRV-F345 1st and then the pioneer GM-6100F and there was only a bit of a difference and that was just becoz alpine was 75x4 n pioneer was 60x4

but the difference in price FORGET IT in simple alpine just rips people im not saying they dont make good stuff but over priced

msrp means nothing anyway.. who actually pays those bs prices?

iceteebone
10-24-2005, 10:21 PM

if you want nothing but pioneer why did you make a thread?

newdavid
10-24-2005, 10:23 PM
no one does....

but even at ebay or nay where else there will be a price difference for it ... just coz of the brand name...

and I WANTED TO PICK 1 OF THE 3 PIONEER SPEAKERS THAT Y I MADE THE F****** THREAD

Eugenics
10-24-2005, 10:31 PM
no one does....

but even at ebay or nay where else there will be a price difference for it ... just coz of the brand name...

and I WANTED TO PICK 1 OF THE 3 PIONEER SPEAKERS THAT Y I MADE THE F****** THREAD

you're retarded, your going to get whatever you want anyways. why make a thread?

newdavid
10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
you're retarded, your going to get whatever you want anyways. why make a thread?

then almost everyone is retarted here for u

DUMB ***

Eugenics
10-24-2005, 10:36 PM

DUMB ***

that made alot of sense, do you just like being wrong?

JimJ

DUMB ***

Not a good idea to bite the hands of people that could give you advice.

And I wouldn't choose any out of those, because 4way speakers are, like previously mentioned, nothing but a gimmick. And I don't read entire paragraphs written in caps, I don't need a headache that badly :)

JimJ
that made alot of sense, do you just like being wrong?

Let's keep this civil.

Eugenics
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Let's keep this civil.

im out, have fun in this thread :D

LoudCrownVic
10-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh my, special education gone bad....

dustinr
10-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Hello Newdavid.. I Would Like To Concur To You Saying Pioneer > Sony! I Have Sony Xplod 5 Way 6x9 In My Front And Back And Eveerytime I Cruise With My Boys People Think I Have Like 2 15s With 5000 Watts! These Speakers Do Not Lie They Are Rated 300 Max And Will Easily Take 500 Like A Champ. I Suggest You Change Your Mind And Get The Real ****. Sony.

LoudCrownVic
10-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Hello Newdavid.. I Would Like To Concur To You Saying Pioneer > Sony! I Have Sony Xplod 5 Way 6x9 In My Front And Back And Eveerytime I Cruise With My Boys People Think I Have Like 2 15s With 5000 Watts! These Speakers Do Not Lie They Are Rated 300 Max And Will Easily Take 500 Like A Champ. I Suggest You Change Your Mind And Get The Real ****. Sony.

I AGREE THOSE SONYS HIT HARD HAHA I HAD FOUR OF THEM ON MY CAR AND IT WAS SO LOUD PEOPLE WOULD YELL AT ME CAUSE I COULD BE HEARD FOR BLOCKS

bikejunkie223
10-24-2005, 10:53 PM
If this dude wants to buy crappy speakers, let him. If Pioneer garbage makes him happy, good for him. I wish I could be happy with cheap crap, it would make my wife much less pissed at me, but since I have heard real systems with GOOD speakers I cannot endure that cheap garbage. If I was you, I would buy some decent comps and a small amp and skip the rear coaxes alltogether. Try: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Lm1nsUvD2pR/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=107DB6500&g=76400 I put these in my wifes Element on factory HU power, and they sound pretty good, though the tweeter can saw your ear off if turned up too high. Though they are infinitely better than Pioneer multi-ways.

dustinr
10-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I AGREE THOSE SONYS HIT HARD HAHA I HAD FOUR OF THEM ON MY CAR AND IT WAS SO LOUD PEOPLE WOULD YELL AT ME CAUSE I COULD BE HEARD FOR BLOCKS
SCREW BLOCKS BOY.. I COULD BE HEARD FROM MILES AWAY.. THEY CALLED MY CAR THE BOOM BOOM MACHINE..

newdavid
10-24-2005, 11:01 PM
If this dude wants to buy crappy speakers, let him. If Pioneer garbage makes him happy, good for him. I wish I could be happy with cheap crap, it would make my wife much less pissed at me, but since I have heard real systems with GOOD speakers I cannot endure that cheap garbage. If I was you, I would buy some decent comps and a small amp and skip the rear coaxes alltogether. Try: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Lm1nsUvD2pR/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=107DB6500&g=76400 I put these in my wifes Element on factory HU power, and they sound pretty good, though the tweeter can saw your ear off if turned up too high. Though they are infinitely better than Pioneer multi-ways.

LOL i never saw a fool like u who has pioneer stuff hooked up in his car and is still talking **** abt it y dot u chnage ur HU then ? huh

and u guys with sony xplods haha good if ur car is a boom boom machine and if u can be heard from miles away i dont want to **** up my ears so no thanks haha

iceteebone
10-24-2005, 11:07 PM
LOL i never saw a fool like u who has pioneer stuff hooked up in his car and is still talking **** abt it y dot u chnage ur HU then ? huh

and u guys with sony xplods haha good if ur car is a boom boom machine and if u can be heard from miles away i dont want to **** up my ears so no thanks haha

the 860 is a good headunit anf nobody said they made bad headunits. you are not understanding that 4-ways and 5-ways are just gimmicks. also the people were being sarcastic about the sonys.

bikejunkie223
10-24-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL i never saw a fool like u who has pioneer stuff hooked up in his car and is still talking **** abt it y dot u chnage ur HU then ?
You sir, are a complete *******. I could have spent a post busting your balls about how ****** raterded YOU are, but I tried to help, and even provided a link to some speakers I have personal experience with to help you make your **** sound better, and you have to respond by being a complete tool. If you heard my system, or any quality system compared to the speakers you are wanting to choose from, you would hear what everyone is talking about, but apperently you want to limit your choices to whatever is on the weekly ad at fukin Wal-Mart, so go ahead douchebag, buy your **** speakers and listen to the brutal tick/hiss of 63-way pio 6x9's. Idiot. FYI the 860 is a good head unit, until I can afford an Eclipse avn5435:http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn/avn5435.html

newdavid
10-25-2005, 07:33 AM
those polk momos are also sold in wal-mart !

and i never said im looking for some competetion level speakers ?

otherwise i would have looked into COMPONENTS such as infinity perfect or kicker....

anything that will sound WAY better then my infiniti's factory setup

and i think pioneer speakers with pioneer 770 or p8mp HU and a pioneer sub there will be a huge difference

bikejunkie223
10-25-2005, 10:38 AM
those polk momos are also sold in wal-mart !

and i never said im looking for some competetion level speakers ?

otherwise i would have looked into COMPONENTS such as infinity perfect or kicker....

anything that will sound WAY better then my infiniti's factory setup

and i think pioneer speakers with pioneer 770 or p8mp HU and a pioneer sub there will be a huge difference
I doubt, Wal-Mart sells $300 retail polk MOMO's, and they aren't what I recomended anyway. What I did recomend are not "competition level speakers" if you wanted those I would have recomended something completely different, but everything I would recomend for that app is most likely beyond your price range. All that Pio stuff will probably sound better than stock, I, and about everyone else in this thread are trying to tell you for the money you can do better. If all that pio gear is what you really want because you are sure it's the best choice, then why start a thread asking opinions on a forum where virtually NOBODY runs 6x9's at all, and few even run rear fill? If you are serious about your sound, ask for advice and listen to the response. If you think you know what's best and don't care about anyones opinions, then buy your stuff and go be happy and stay off the forum....until you finally figure out you want better when you hear a truly ****** setup, then we will be here to help.