PDA

View Full Version : ???? about my box

Rage00
10-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I started building my box today and ran into a little problem. It won't fit into the car. I know it was going to be tight, but I thought that I could get it into there. Well here is my question. Is it ok to if I make the top of my box with 1/2" MDF when the rest of my box is 3/4"? I can get the box into the car without the top on it, but I know if I put the top on it won't go. Should I just put the box in and finish assembly in the trunk? If I do that then I won't be able to finish the box. (Carpet/paint/tuff liner). I have already tried to put it through the fold down seats, that just ain't goin to happen. What do you think that I should do?????

IA2
10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
if it is that tight of a fit, and 1/2" will work, then I would say use it, but put additional bracing on the inside of the box, and possibly a layer of resin on the inside for stiffening

Montypup
10-26-2005, 11:33 PM
If you think the box is sturdy enough just use some brute force to wedge it in there. The tighter the fit the harder it is to steal.

ruckus
10-27-2005, 12:24 AM
if it is that tight of a fit, and 1/2" will work, then I would say use it, but put additional bracing on the inside of the box, and possibly a layer of resin on the inside for stiffening
resin not a good idea it could actually make the box sound worse. what sub(s) and how much power? box dimensions? might not even need to brace the box if its not a serious SPL setup. like if he is running an RE RE like in his avatar or even an SE 1/2" is sufficient by itself.