PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD8445 custom TA settings?

MegaHurtz
10-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Is there any way to program custom TA settings into the CD8445? I moved my speakers from the doors to kicks today and I can't find a configuration that sounds the way I want it to. The best that I have gotten it is with using no TA at all, but I want to see what improvments I can make if I can do custom time alignment. I have been playing around on the e-iserv website tonight, and I selected a CD8455 as my head unit and I was able to go custom, but my question is, can i select CD8455 on the e-iserv site, set up my custom time alignment, and then download it to my CD8445 and have it work? Has anybody tried this? I think it is worth experimenting with, I'd love to see it work. As kind of a sub-question to go along with the previous one, is there something I can use to determine how much time and attentuation I should be using? I certainly can't guess that, but if there was a tool that I could use to plug in the pathlengths from each speaker and get those valus, that would rock.

Discuss!

alphakenny1
10-23-2005, 05:22 AM
the equation eclipse gives in their manual (mine the 8455 and is on pg 162). equation: A = (B-C)/34. Where A is the time in ms. B is the distance from the farthest speaker that is from you. C is the distance from the listening position to the speaker being adjusted. mind you this equation is a bit off cuz i did it and i still wasn't centered. so i adjusted a lil bit by ear and it sounds good. this equation gives you a good estimation though.

Youhearthat?
10-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah I have the 8445 too, TA options **** either on the e-iserv or on the headunit... I tougth about registering with a 8455 on the internet to see if I could download a customized TA setting and make it work in our units... but first of all you need the serial number of a 8455 you have one I can borrow?

MegaHurtz
10-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah I have the 8445 too, TA options **** either on the e-iserv or on the headunit... I tougth about registering with a 8455 on the internet to see if I could download a customized TA setting and make it work in our units... but first of all you need the serial number of a 8455 you have one I can borrow?I added my CD8445 to my account on the e-iserv site and went into my profile and changed it to CD8455 and it worked fine... try that and see what you can come up with.

alpha, can you give more info on this formula? What are we supposed to measure the distance in? Could you maybe scan or take a high res picture of that page so we could try and use it to set up our own TA?

MegaHurtz
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
I just went out and fiddled with it for a bit, it was giving me a file error every time I tried to load a config file for a CD8455 onto the deck. It looks like the Eclipse naming convention is a 3 year digit representing the model year of the deck (205 for 2005 models), followed by a single letter representing the mode of the data (D for CD8455 pro mode), followed by a 3 digit number that appears to just be a sequential number so you dont have file name conflicts when loading the file to MS or CD. The result (for a CD8455) would be a file that looks like 205d001.eis. All I have tried so far is changing the naming convention, and doing that did not make any difference. Maybe somebody else has something they can try. Maybe we can try e-mailing or calling Eclipse directly to see if they can help at all.

alphakenny1
10-23-2005, 05:06 PM
I added my CD8445 to my account on the e-iserv site and went into my profile and changed it to CD8455 and it worked fine... try that and see what you can come up with.

alpha, can you give more info on this formula? What are we supposed to measure the distance in? Could you maybe scan or take a high res picture of that page so we could try and use it to set up our own TA?

unfortunately my digicam doesn't do all that well up close :( or i dont have a scanner.

ima just do an example if you have a two tweets and two mids for your frontstage. measure the distance in cm. sit in your car and you want to align the speakers on your left. So first we'll do the mid. Measure the distance from your listening position to the mid and that is variable "C" in the equation. then from your listening position, what is the farthest speaker from you? either it'll be the right tweet or right mid. measure that distance. that is variable "B." now just plug in the equation and "A" is the answer in ms. Now do the same thing for your left tweeter and you are done.

what also is important is what kind of setup are you runing? 3 way active frontstage? passive setup with a rear fill? etc. if i get that info i could specifically help you out.

but thats odd but the page i have should be in your eclipse manual as well.

Youhearthat?
10-25-2006, 11:01 PM
any more info on this?