PDA

View Full Version : not getting the bass i want

bourquerobert
10-23-2005, 12:56 AM
is there any thing i can do to my box to make it better .can i port it .there 2 alpine 12 type e .but what can i do to make the bass better caus i just bought a sealed box . but i cant return it .what should i do .there firing twords the back doors about 2 foot away would going to ported or band pass really help that much . can i port my box? each compartment is about 1.5 cubic feet can i port it .if so how thanks very much for the help

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-23-2005, 12:57 AM
You shouldnt just "port" a sealed enclosure, have a new one made or make one yourself. And what do you mean its firing towards the back doors? Where is this mounted and what vehicle?

bourquerobert
10-23-2005, 01:07 AM
the speakers are firing towrds the back its a e 150 van should they be closer to the back doors .its like some soungs sound good and others not much bass .like the song get low. i guess its my box

JimJ
10-23-2005, 01:13 AM
the speakers are firing towrds the back its a e 150 van

:up2somet:

I may know a thing or two about those :) What year?

I've had my best results with the speakers firing back, like you said...about a foot and a half from the doors.

bourquerobert
10-23-2005, 01:27 AM
its a 92 should i port my box or will it make a diffrence thanks :)

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-23-2005, 01:28 AM
A ported box will be night and day from what you have now. I would reccomend it...

bourquerobert
10-23-2005, 01:46 AM
will it really be that much better

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-23-2005, 01:51 AM
will it really be that much better

The output will be far greater, and if done correctly, you can maintain good SQ as well.

bourquerobert
10-23-2005, 10:36 AM
but im going to buy some mdfb and buld myself a slot ported box .could some one give me directions please so i could just cut and buld cause i cant figure out space volume x .its counfusing to me ,and i dont know the sq ft for the alpine type e 12 subs i dount think its too big because i had one of the subs in a big ported box and it was almost as loud as the box i havfe now with two of the subs so i doint know .im going crazy

PowerNaudio
10-23-2005, 11:04 AM
could some one give me directions please so i could just cut and buld cause i cant figure out space volume x .its counfusing to me ,and i dont know the sq ft for the alpine type e 12 subs i dount think its too big because i had one of the subs in a big ported box and it was almost as loud as the box i havfe now with two of the subs so i doint know .im going crazy

you got a PM