PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of these Eclipse units!!

fo0manchu
10-23-2005, 12:57 AM
just thought I would share! Japan electronics is way superior than ours!:eek:

http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/audio/index.html

JimJ
10-23-2005, 01:00 AM
JDM products are always better than what we get in the States, because manufacturers think Americans only care about pretty-looking things that sound mediocre, which is overwhelmingly true...one just has to look at the Ipod for that :)

Fosgate Forever
10-23-2005, 03:04 AM
ya look at nakamichi ugliest head units i have ever seen but **** they sound great

danteBirosel
10-23-2005, 03:11 AM
my cousin is out in japan right there due to the navy. maybe i should call him to cop me a couple of H/Us from there and sell it over here. hehe

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-23-2005, 03:11 AM
my cousin is out in japan right there due to the navy. maybe i should call him to cop me a couple of H/Us from there and sell it over here. hehe

:D Holla.

I wonder what their pricing is like.

danteBirosel
10-23-2005, 03:14 AM
i think there prices will be quite reasonable. because the fact that its japan and they care more about customers and people, than getting a big profit. If i get one sent down here, everything will be in japanese :eek:

penaduny
10-23-2005, 04:39 AM
OMG .. look at the navi ! that **** is crazy.

adam71
10-23-2005, 01:20 PM
i think there prices will be quite reasonable. because the fact that its japan and they care more about customers and people, than getting a big profit.

LOL......I doubt that!! If there is one thing that is constant in this world its corporate greed. Greed has no language barriers and Japan is NO different from any other country in that regard.

ya look at nakamichi ugliest head units i have ever seen but **** they sound great

I think the flagship Nak is a thing of beauty myself. But not everyone has the same tastes.

JDM products are always better than what we get in the States, because manufacturers think Americans only care about pretty-looking things that sound mediocre, which is overwhelmingly true...one just has to look at the Ipod for that

:( I have no choice but to agree with that. I wish it weren't true but there is no denying it. Its sad though. I wish this country was more cultured where SQ actually had a mainstream market instead of just a niche.:mad:

Oh, on topic those Eclipse units freakin hideous looking.

bikejunkie223
10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
That $1700 flagship Nak is ******. The volume knob is sooo warm to the touch from the internals running, and it is just plain classy. But $1700?! Yikes man!

JimJ
10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Might as well buy a Denon Z1 for that price :)

vasilios
10-23-2005, 01:45 PM

i personally would like a very stock looking, simple yet powerful and effective source-unit.

who really wants all those stupid animations, flashy lights and an overly chromey look and ****?? having all the control options and power plus looking very stock is a thing to really admire, i think.

besides it thwarts any ideas theives might have...or at least you would think. fukkers will take just about anything anymore.

wow, im really liking that E3305CMT with that ****, sort of aqua-teal face color...if i had a really, really expensive nice vehicle, thats the source-unit i would put in it. i dont think it would look right in a normal, economical car...

adam71
10-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Might as well buy a Denon Z1 for that price :)

Is that even made anymore?:uhoh: Every website I've checked out shows the DCT-1 as the flagship and NO mention of a Z1.

Fosgate Forever
10-23-2005, 03:05 PM
i personally would like a very stock looking, simple yet powerful and effective source-unit.

who really wants all those stupid animations, flashy lights and an overly chromey look and ****?? having all the control options and power plus looking very stock is a thing to really admire, i think.

besides it thwarts any ideas theives might have...or at least you would think. fukkers will take just about anything anymore.

wow, im really liking that E3305CMT with that ****, sort of aqua-teal face color...if i had a really, really expensive nice vehicle, thats the source-unit i would put in it. i dont think it would look right in a normal, economical car... ya your right i like the stocl look but i would like a somewhat bigger display makes it easier to navigatei have a 7521 right now and the naka display is exactly the same and im not sure about inputs eg etc.

negativezeroz
10-23-2005, 04:09 PM
that AVN8805HD has a bigger HD than the xbox360 and almost as much as my old comp...sweet :)

JLCivic
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM
The Japanese market is different than the US market. If the very high end, balls to the wall sq decks sold well here, they certainly would be offered. There simply is not as much demand for that type of deck here in the US.

I LOVE my RF 8250. To me, it is just about as perfect as a deck can get. I don't need, nor do I care about flashy displays, dolphins, and all of the other stuff.

Unfortunately, many American consumers equate flashy/"cool" displays and a bazillion features with "better"

Since that is the case, the manufacturers are doing what companies do........give the people what they want.

The Eclipse sound monitor stuff is what I would love to hear.

http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/smonitor/index.html

Ayrton
10-24-2005, 01:03 AM
JDM double DIN units here...

http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Car+Audio_2+Din+Receivers.html

vosschs
10-24-2005, 01:05 AM
dang double dins are expensive

adam71
10-24-2005, 06:32 PM
dang double dins are expensive

Right........and NO better than a single din unit.:uhoh:

6spdcoupe
10-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Actually the AVN 075HD
http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/navi/avn075hd/index.html

IS available in the US, just renamed the AVN7000. They should be shipping within the next week.

bikejunkie223
10-25-2005, 02:15 AM
They look cool in certain cars, like mine would look awesome with one, but I'm weary of the display washing out as I have already had an Alpine I couldn't read in the sun, and now my 860. Gonna have to shell out for a Nak I'm afraid.

bri487
10-25-2005, 03:10 AM

i konw a guy that travels all over cause he works for oakley tracking down the factories that make the knock off glasses. anyway he was in japan and asked me about that. i was a little hesitant to buy the japanese models because i am not sure if they play a japanese version cd. i know in europe our dvd's dont work in their players and their dvd's didnt work in mine. i had to get the european versions in english.

penaduny
10-25-2005, 03:33 AM

but you have to admit.. except for the color of this one, it is insanly cool.
http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Car+Audio_2+Din+Receivers/product/Panasonic_CQ-TX5500D_Vacuum_Tube_CD_Receiver.html

Ayrton
10-25-2005, 11:53 AM
This unit is sooooo sweet!!!

http://www.audiocubes.com/images/f_panasonic_cqtx5500d.jpg

fo0manchu
10-25-2005, 07:46 PM
so the japanese head units only receive FM frequencies from 76.0 - 90.0MHz, how would you get this to go to the high U.S frequencies??

penaduny
10-26-2005, 12:43 AM
so the japanese head units only receive FM frequencies from 76.0 - 90.0MHz, how would you get this to go to the high U.S frequencies??

it has the option to buy an adapter or somthing at that place... but like i would care... ever since ive been driving i never even hooked the antena up to the hu in any car. **** the radio.

adam71
10-27-2005, 04:25 PM
but you have to admit.. except for the color of this one, it is insanly cool.
http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Car+Audio_2+Din+Receivers/product/Panasonic_CQ-TX5500D_Vacuum_Tube_CD_Receiver.html

Actually, I didn't see that one earlier and its pretty sweet looking. I also like the Pioneer Carrozzeria on page 2 of 3. Only thing is....I would have NO use for mini disc.