PDA

View Full Version : silverflute mids?

Naxis2k1
10-22-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.madisound.com/silverflute.html

anyone got some experiance with these if so let me know. iam thinking about trying out the 6.5 model. i just dont want to buy a hunk a junk. but for 50 bucks and looking at the t/s par they look pretty good.

Logikalliquid
10-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Never used them, sorry. I saw some guy on SIN selleing a set though: http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=55938 . You might wanna hit him up if you wanna save a few bucks.

squeak9798
10-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Good mids for the money. Used in DIY home audio with success. If you are on a tight budget and are active, they are something to check out.

strong*I*bumpin
10-23-2005, 01:03 AM
I got a pair coming in on Tues.,I'll hear how they & get back to the forum.They'll be running active

OlogyAudio
10-23-2005, 01:46 AM
I got a pair coming in on Tues.,I'll hear how they & get back to the forum.They'll be running active

I have a dealer's account with madisound which is open for use to the forum members -- save a few bucks... :)

Good mids for the money. Used in DIY home audio with success. If you are on a tight budget and are active, they are something to check out.

I'm going to be getting some and messing arround with an ultra budget (by my standards) passive xover for these guys and ethr some cheap Hi-Vi tweeters or the Vifa d26nc55...

Just so ppl know :)

strong*I*bumpin
10-23-2005, 05:12 PM
I have a dealer's account with madisound which is open for use to the forum members -- save a few bucks... :)

I'm going to be getting some and messing arround with an ultra budget (by my standards) passive xover for these guys and ethr some cheap Hi-Vi tweeters or the Vifa d26nc55...

Just so ppl know :)
oh mang!

zfactor
10-23-2005, 06:10 PM
they are decent not bad,,,, i tried them and they sound pretty good just didnt take a lot of power. and not as much down low as i would have liked to see. overall a pretty good value but there is better for the money

azazel
10-24-2005, 07:44 AM
I heard that they sounded pretty good. If anyone else has experience with them, speak up!

Ology says that they experience some breakup modes around 2kHz.

Ignatowski
10-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I dont know about you guys but the name itself
Silverflute just gives me the willies

///M5
10-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Good, sure but obviously with break-ups that low you better watch how they are integrated into your system. You can get them cheaper, and with better service from Ology.

azazel
10-24-2005, 10:23 AM
By just looking at the very good frequency response and sensitivity, I think they're worth a shot. I would have tried them had I not bought the Dayton RS's on sale instead.