PDA

View Full Version : subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

rocknrolljoel21
10-21-2005, 08:34 PM
hey, is it alright if i make a sub enclosure and put some 6x9's on the top of the box? i really have no other room in my vehicle for this. is this a safe move?

JimJ
10-21-2005, 08:36 PM
1. Unless you build seperate enclosures for the 6x9's, no.

2. Why use the 6x9's at all?

rocknrolljoel21
10-21-2005, 08:41 PM
why not? you gotta have your mids and highs as well as your lows. dont you?

thank you. i will make seperate enclosures for them.

JimJ
10-21-2005, 08:47 PM
why not? you gotta have your mids and highs as well as your lows. dont you?

thank you. i will make seperate enclosures for them.

Yeah, but not in back of you :laugh:

rocknrolljoel21
10-21-2005, 08:50 PM
i have 5 and 1/4 in the front, with seperete 1 inch tweeters. and need some noise in the back to fill it out more. and its no nescicarily in the back. ther is little to no trunk room and its a hatchback. i was going to build a weird looking angled box to get it so the speakers would be facing towards the front of the car. and the subs face the hatch

JimJ
10-21-2005, 08:50 PM
If you need to "fill it out" more, the front stage isn't doing its job correctly :)

rocknrolljoel21
10-21-2005, 08:52 PM
i could be wrong thoyugh, im jsut learning all this car audio info. its going to be hard to build this enclosure. i have a weird shaped trunk. its my first time building an enclosure and i wanto try and make a ported one. :S

Blunt
10-21-2005, 11:39 PM
i could be wrong thoyugh, im jsut learning all this car audio info. its going to be hard to build this enclosure. i have a weird shaped trunk. its my first time building an enclosure and i wanto try and make a ported one. :S

then don't try to make it harder then it needs to be. get rid of the 6 x 9 idea and jsut amp the front stage a little more

Blunt
10-22-2005, 12:12 AM
man i got this crazy box 4 my my 6by9s and i airbrushed it looks tight and ive got it on my back seet i put on my dash sometimes for better highs but anyways build a 1 gu ft box per speek and port it around 60hz, that way it will hit the mids better. you can use 4 inc pvc pipe thats what i used it sounds good i think my 6by9s add like 5 decbles or whatever to my system it moves a quarter on my roof

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~Magick_Man~
10-22-2005, 06:43 AM
man i got this crazy box 4 my my 6by9s and i airbrushed it looks tight and ive got it on my back seet i put on my dash sometimes for better highs but anyways build a 1 gu ft box per speek and port it around 60hz, that way it will hit the mids better. you can use 4 inc pvc pipe thats what i used it sounds good i think my 6by9s add like 5 decbles or whatever to my system it moves a quarter on my roof

does anyone else feel the urge to beat this person with a heavy object?
or is it just me?

~Magick_Man~

Twistid
10-22-2005, 01:52 PM
hey what can you do, hes canadian...

maldecido33
10-22-2005, 03:24 PM
on this same note, do 6x9"s need a certain volume of internal air to work properly?

I'm looking at doing the same type thing for the bed of my truck(I'm doing a blow-through with two 12"s, and was wanting to face some 6x9"s toward the rear of the truck for outdoor parties/gatherings or whatever.

If I glassed them in like kickpods to the corners of the bed, would I need to seal off the fiberglass?

NhustlaR
10-22-2005, 11:53 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NhustlaR
10-22-2005, 11:57 PM
sorry about the off topic reply........well, i would redo your whole truck bed. if you plan on glassing in only two 6x9's in the bed, it would kinda, in my mind, defeat any purpose. open up your doors ;) on your question, im not sure if they need to be sealed or not

maylar
12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
on this same note, do 6x9"s need a certain volume of internal air to work properly?

I'm looking at doing the same type thing for the bed of my truck(I'm doing a blow-through with two 12"s, and was wanting to face some 6x9"s toward the rear of the truck for outdoor parties/gatherings or whatever.

If I glassed them in like kickpods to the corners of the bed, would I need to seal off the fiberglass?

I emailed Infinity once about that and they aid 0.3 cu ft was a good size for their 6X9's.

ramos
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM

What do you mean by seal them off ? If you mean sealed enclosures. Probably wouldn't hurt to seal them off. :)

ramos
12-21-2005, 12:26 PM

Aiight, So who are you ? Has to be someone messing with everyone. :)