PDA

View Full Version : New 2-way 6.5" high efficency unreal SQ made by Adire

thylantyr
10-21-2005, 05:59 PM
For Lemans, this is what I was talking about.

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122538

thylantyr recommened I post here as there might be some interest

Adire audio is currently building a prototype 6.5" midrange/midwoofer for me with dual copper faradays (VC is alum sleeved), 13mm one way, XBL^2, alum phase plug, DVC 4 ohm, extension to at least 10khz, 94db/w efficency, banana pulp/paper cone (keeping SQ as high as possible), and too many more details to mention

100w RMS... 250w max... max SPL from 100hz to 1khz is 114db... this is at RMS though so max is likely way higher

the only DVC 6.5" I know of

I will offer this for very cheap.... I can't give 100% on the 1 part cost details

As far as SQ... it is likely to be better than anything under $500 a driver for it's purposes (2-way, 3-way, 2-way with supertweeter etc)

However I will offer 2 different 2-way budget component options with this speaker

Component set with 12db/octave xovers with JL XR tweeters pair = $200

Component set 2-way with 18db/octave using the LPG silk domes (same as in the Adire koda) = $300

the site where you can order these... one time only starting around 2 weeks from now is www.excelsiorloudspeakers.com

the prototype will be tested by many many people...

Mark K, Jim Griffin, Cheapboy/dingaling, the owner of Image dynamics, Jason Winslow, Mark Seaton, Danny richie from GR research, thylantyr and more

hopefully Adire will make this great highly effficent (around 10db more output per watt than the Extremis... just from the specs), high excursion, ultra high SQ driver

JimJ
10-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Feandil beat ya to it :)

thylantyr
10-21-2005, 06:18 PM
The driver he wants made can be used for both car and home audio application,
I thought he would post it here first -- :crazy:

Feandil
10-21-2005, 06:58 PM
helping out eh thy?

:p

thylantyr