PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to make u read another one of these topics

Deadbeat
10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
O.k. So heres the deal. . .

Ive been asked by a friend to try to find out measurements for a snail shell enclosure for his sub. I have searched many sites up and down and cannot find anything remotely close for his sub. So im going to try to make this easy as possible. .

building it will be no problem. . space is no real issue, its going in the back of a Explorer. .

Im looking for measurements for 2 10" Image Dynamic ID10v.3D2's . . . .

So basically, here is the design, i just need somone to fill in the measurements and give me the height.

If anyone out there can help at all, i would greatly appreciate it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/pheaturez/snailshell.jpg

ruckus
10-20-2005, 10:54 PM
snailshells are designed for specific subs. I have the plans for 12" XXX and 15" XXX but neither will work for your subs. and using XXX plans wont necessarily give you a good output on them subs.

On a side note the 2 subs version of that box is called a Doubleshot ;) I have yet to see plans for that.

Deadbeat
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
yea, i know im asking for measurements for just one enclosure, if i can find some kind of measurements. . we will build a snail shell, and compare it to a ported. .

then if the snailshell had more output, i was going to build another and just put them together you know. .

but if a snailshell simply wont work with the subs, then that answers my question