PDA

View Full Version : Ok Wtf

GPRacer
10-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Alright guys,

I had a cheapy Dual deck to last me for a while, and it finally quit, so i thought...
I had it three years, and it stopped playing. Ok, no biggie. It was $60, and now that i have a big system, i'd like to drop some money on a nice deck.

I went and got a Rockford Fosgate deck, it's a used one, but i know it used to work.
I wired it up, and dropped it in the GP, nothing. Nothing at all. Wired up my OEM deck, not a ******* thing.
Rewired the RF deck. nothing.

I checked:
Constant/hot wire
ignition
ground

Everything checked out with 12.13V with the key rolled back, then did again with key rolled forward. With the key out, the hot and ground still checked out.

I'm trying to figure out WTF is wrong. I DO have my front speakers out, but would that make a difference? I wouldn't have thought it would...but i'm praying it does. Mine got fried so i tossed them after the old deck fried and haven't gotten a chance to pick up some new ones.

Clues/comments?

tRiGgEr
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe you have wires behind the unit touching. Test the HU up at the battery to see if it powers on. If it does, it's your wiring. Then run new wires.

GPRacer
10-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Which would be the best way to hook it up at the battery? Putting the remote, constant, or both on the power?

req
10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
take the yellow and red wires, and put them on the battery + terminal, take the black wire and put it on the battery - terminal.

if it powers on, your wiring is screwed up. if not, your headunit is screwd up.

also, check the fuse on the back of the headunit, i know its stupid - but often overlooked. (sometimes located on the wiring harness)

tRiGgEr
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
take the yellow and red wires, and put them on the battery + terminal, take the black wire and put it on the battery - terminal.

if it powers on, your wiring is screwed up. if not, your headunit is screwd up.

also, check the fuse on the back of the headunit, i know its stupid - but often overlooked. (sometimes located on the wiring harness)

Ding ding ding we have a winner:veryhapp:

audiobahnuser18
11-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Test the power wires to make sure there getn power and that there not f*cked up