PDA

View Full Version : tuning

caliece
10-18-2005, 10:47 PM
hi i have a dual 15 seald box with 1.5cu and was wondering what should i set for the ssf how many hz? for this sealed box any ideas.:D

iceteebone
10-18-2005, 10:49 PM
you don't need a ssf for a sealed box. shut it off

caliece
10-18-2005, 10:51 PM
oh i dont ok thanks alot:D

caliece
10-18-2005, 10:52 PM
why not, just wondering.

iceteebone
10-18-2005, 10:55 PM
why not, just wondering.

well i don't have the technical jargon of it, but in a ported box you set right below box tuning so the sub doesn't over extend its self. in a sealed box you don't have that problem. a sealed box allows the sub to play those low frequencies.

caliece
10-18-2005, 11:09 PM
well i don't have the technical jargon of it, but in a ported box you set right below box tuning so the sub doesn't over extend its self. in a sealed box you don't have that problem. a sealed box allows the sub to play those low frequencies.
alright just what i needed to know thanks.:D

JeffyZ33
10-19-2005, 12:02 AM
It has to do with the suspension of the subwoofer, if you do not have a SSF on and you're playing below the tuning frequency, there will be no resistence to the subwoofer so it will just be flapping along..

This is just something I read somewhere, and I'm sure it's not EXACTLY right, but that's the idea of it. Set the SSF just ABOVE your tuning frequency so you don't get below it.

iceteebone
10-19-2005, 12:06 AM
It has to do with the suspension of the subwoofer, if you do not have a SSF on and you're playing below the tuning frequency, there will be no resistence to the subwoofer so it will just be flapping along..

This is just something I read somewhere, and I'm sure it's not EXACTLY right, but that's the idea of it. Set the SSF just ABOVE your tuning frequency so you don't get below it.

that's basically what it is, but he has a sealed box and no tuning frequency. :) you don't have to set it above. at or slightly below will be ideal.

JeffyZ33
10-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes with the sealed box just turn it off, sealed can safely play any hz (obviously within limits)

I always set mine either right at, or if I'm kind of leary on the adjustment, I set it right above.. just to be safe :greedy:

Blunt
10-19-2005, 12:11 AM
even in a sealed box if your sub seems to struggle alot with the low notes you can turn it on and try to jsut cancel out those in particular.

caliece
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM

but my box is seald and i dont know what the tuning is for a dual 15" 1.5cu box.:uhoh:

caliece
10-20-2005, 08:39 AM
even in a sealed box if your sub seems to struggle alot with the low notes you can turn it on and try to jsut cancel out those in particular.
turn it up to like what?

PowerNaudio
10-20-2005, 09:21 AM
set it to like 25Hz, you most likely cant hear those. so just block them out.

JeffyZ33
10-20-2005, 01:09 PM
but my box is seald and i dont know what the tuning is for a dual 15" 1.5cu box.:uhoh:

If your box is sealed, there is no tuning for it.

tRiGgEr
10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
A sealed box does not require the use of a SSF correct.

But if you wish to use it set it @ 25hz. Not much music is produced with frequencys below that. Only a select few.

caliece
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
set it to like 25Hz, you most likely cant hear those. so just block them out.
ok i will.

caliece
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
A sealed box does not require the use of a SSF correct.

But if you wish to use it set it @ 25hz. Not much music is produced with frequencys below that. Only a select few.
ok i understand now thanks alot guys.:D