PDA

View Full Version : Tuning for bass

BoominEclipse
10-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok so right now my box is tuned to 30Hz. It's producing good bass but everyone says I can get louder with SPL tuning. Well that's what I'm aiming for, I listen to RAP only in the car so i could care less about replicating kick drums. I just want deep, loud, strong bass.

I'm definately a noob and even after reading I'm just not getting it. For the deep loud bass should I tune the box to 35Hz? Or should I go lower then 30? I was thinking something in the lines of 35-39Hz.

What's the best tuning for more bass? I'm not competing btw, just daily driving.

Thanks

PowerNaudio
10-16-2005, 05:12 PM
the lower you tune the enclosure the more low end bass you're going to get, but that does not mean that it will be louder. if you tune for spl, you are tuning to get louder, by means of increasing a small range of freqs, so it will get loud but the musical aspect of the enclosure sub combination will be limited. so youll get less music at the cost of being loud. i say tune for SQ that way you will sound good, and if you need it to be louder, if you re amp is not putting the rms rating of the sub then get a bigger amp, if your amp is powerful and your pushing your sub to it max then double the cone area.

DBfan187
10-16-2005, 05:16 PM
lower tuning usually is louder to the ear.

60ndown
10-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Ok so right now my box is tuned to 30Hz. It's producing good bass but everyone says I can get louder with SPL tuning. Well that's what I'm aiming for, I listen to RAP only in the car so i could care less about replicating kick drums. I just want deep, loud, strong bass.

I'm definately a noob and even after reading I'm just not getting it. For the deep loud bass should I tune the box to 35Hz? Or should I go lower then 30? I was thinking something in the lines of 35-39Hz.

What's the best tuning for more bass? I'm not competing btw, just daily driving.

Thanks

get a bigger amp. a differently tuned box will change some things about your bass, but if you generally like the way your sub sounds now, but you just want more, a bigger amp is what you need.

JoseMCeee
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
lower tuning usually is louder to the ear.

I can actually relate to this because many times people will think because they are getting higher numbers on the meters it is generally loud. But most setups that I have worked on have had a decent amount of low end and would sound louder than the higher tuned cars but would not put up as high numbers.