PDA

View Full Version : seperating speakers in kickpannels

pwnt by pat
10-16-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm (finally) finished with the bases for my kicks. It has come time to fleece and construct the tops however I am unsure how to go about seperating the airspace between speakers. I'll be using a 4.5" full range and a 8" so I'll definately need 'em set alone.

Is the best way to make a mdf baffle, trim, screw/fg around, etc? or build a fg wall? Other?

Thanks!

Bake
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Wow, you are putting an 8" in your kicks with a 4.5"? Thats going to be a huge kick. Anyway, mdf or glass will be fine to seperate them. I would think mdf and glass would be eaiser to work with in there. That way you only have to glass the mdf in rather than building a wall out of glass.

iceteebone
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
an 8 and a 4.5 in a kick panel? any tweeters? i would've done 8 in a door pod, then 4.5 and tweets in kicks. anyways just build a baffle that has a hole for both speakers.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6153/baffle8uo.jpg

pwnt by pat
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah, both an 8 and 4.5 in a kick. It doesn't take up that much room despite being in a Golf with a clutch. No, no tweeter because the 4.5 is a fullrange driver and accurately coveres up to 20k with a slight dip at 7khz

jujumantb
10-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Why not put the 8"s in the doors where they can have enough airspace to play low and use the kickpods for just the fullrange driver.

pwnt by pat
10-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Because it'll be easier to aim them with the 4.5's when in the kicks plus if I work on door pods, I'll never NEVER get the doors done. I just don't have time to work on a door where the kicks I can keep 'em out of the car. Weather is also turned sour.

Plus if I get the time/will I'll mod the doors to accept the 10s.