PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter position w/CDT Braxial mounting

Hoot
10-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey, all-

I wanted to solicit thoughts on what is typically the best angle to mount braxial speakers. As many of you know who own braxials, playing with the position isn't exactly easy when you need to drill holes to mount the entire driver.

I imagine that it typical practice to simply mount the speaker so that the braxial bridge is angled at exactly 45 degrees from both the horizontal and vertical, positioned of course so that the tweeter is aiming upward and toward the passengers? Like this:

http://www.cdtaudio.com/dodgeram.htm

When, if ever, should the angle be different and why? I drive a 1998 Maxima.

Hoot
10-16-2005, 09:22 AM
To further clarify... according to the photo at the link I posted above (have to scroll down a tad at the web page), the screw holes would be drilled on the mounting baffle exactly East, West, North, South. Is this the way it is best done in 99% of scenarios? When would a different approach be advised and why?

FoxPro5
10-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey, all-

I wanted to solicit thoughts on what is typically the best angle to mount braxial speakers. As many of you know who own braxials, playing with the position isn't exactly easy when you need to drill holes to mount the entire driver.

I imagine that it typical practice to simply mount the speaker so that the braxial bridge is angled at exactly 45 degrees from both the horizontal and vertical, positioned of course so that the tweeter is aiming upward and toward the passengers? Like this:

http://www.cdtaudio.com/dodgeram.htm

When, if ever, should the angle be different and why? I drive a 1998 Maxima.

I thought I remember reading on CDT's website that the tweets should be aimed a the dome light? I don't know if that helps you at all. Nice speakers, been looking into them myself....

Hoot
10-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Yup, I most certainly will angle them toward the dome light, but exactly at what angle?

FoxPro5
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Yup, I most certainly will angle them toward the dome light, but exactly at what angle?
I don't understand your question :eyebrow: what do you mean by angle....if they are in the doors and you point them at the dome light wouldn't the mount be in the south east (bottom right corner) of the speaker???

Hoot
10-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the question, FoxPro. The question would be, more specifically, would it be beneficial to tilt the frame slightly at either a 35 or 40 degree, rather than a 45 degree, in order to lift the direction of the "exact forward" positioning of the tweeter? In this way, the tweeter would point slightly more upward than otherwise.

Again, thanks for the great question, and further thoughts are welcome.

Hoot
10-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Again, yes, the braxial bridge will be on the bottom interior portion of each speaker. However, the thing to determine for me (and what I am curious about with respect to what others with this particular style speaker have done) is, again...

...do folk simply standard-mount the speaker frames, like they appear in the photo in the link (scroll down slightly at the link), or do folk rotate the frame slightly so that the tweeter points even more upward slightly? What has been people's experience? Thanks.