PDA

View Full Version : Speakers in general

bigman411
10-15-2005, 07:28 PM
How do you tune it so when you crank up the volume, the words get louder, but the sound stays behind. I want to hear more lyrics than sound. When I have it at full blast, the words are not being rapped clear, like there is so much sound going on in the car. btw I have boston acoustics z6's with addition 2 kicker tweeters and 2 sets of components in the rear.

HeatSeeker
10-15-2005, 07:48 PM
:crap: I think your problem is too many speakers. Get rid of everything besides the z6's, get at least 200watts going to each, deadened doors, and see how they sound.

bigman411
10-15-2005, 08:22 PM
:crap: I think your problem is too many speakers. Get rid of everything besides the z6's, get at least 200watts going to each, deadened doors, and see how they sound.

Well I like it really really loud. I thought tweeters are for lyrics. I have a new mustang. Also the z6's are together with midbass/tweeter. I have the JL 450/4 on them. I think its really hard to get sound out of a convertible.

chinny
10-15-2005, 08:23 PM
my rainbow slc 265.03's are set perfect when i had them installed in my neon, now their here sitting next to me... i like my music were i can hear the lyrics and then the beats... some speakers will do that better than others and these rainbows love doing it

HeatSeeker
10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Well I like it really really loud. I thought tweeters are for lyrics. I have a new mustang. Also the z6's are together with midbass/tweeter. I have the JL 450/4 on them. I think its really hard to get sound out of a convertible.

Tweeters reproduce any sound above what theyre crossed over at, wether it be lyrics or insturments. Same with the woofers. With so many tweeters youre probably getting more of the high-end insturmentals than lyrics. I actually disconnected the tweets from one of my ranbow comp sets (bored and messing around lol), and discovered most of the vocals were coming from the woofers.

squeak9798
10-15-2005, 08:57 PM
I actually disconnected the tweets from one of my ranbow comp sets (bored and messing around lol), and discovered most of the vocals were coming from the woofers.

Yeah. Most of the human vocal range is in the upper midbass/lower midrange region, which is typically played by the mid.

I'd try disconnecting the kicker tweets and attenuating the Z6 tweeters and see what you think.

But there is no way to *just* increase the vocals.

bigman411
10-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah. Most of the human vocal range is in the upper midbass/lower midrange region, which is typically played by the mid.

I'd try disconnecting the kicker tweets and attenuating the Z6 tweeters and see what you think.

But there is no way to *just* increase the vocals.

So just disconnect the tweeters and not move the z6 tweets to the mach pod? keep them with the woofer in the door panel.

squeak9798
10-16-2005, 12:04 AM
So just disconnect the tweeters and not move the z6 tweets to the mach pod? keep them with the woofer in the door panel.

Yup.

bigman411
10-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Yup.

Will it be as loud? Lol I got the Z6's for SQ and to get very loud on the 450/4. I guess I cant be ever satisfied. Also how do i get rid of the speaker vibrations out of the door when bass hits on some notes/songs. I have dynamated my whole car.

squeak9798
10-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Will it be as loud?

Probably not as loud on the top end. But if you were having problems hearing your lyrics, my guess would be the top end was too loud to begin with in relation to the rest of the stereo.

Also how do i get rid of the speaker vibrations out of the door when bass hits on some notes/songs. I have dynamated my whole car.

Apparently you didn't deaden something good enough ;)