PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going from 2 cubic f. to 2.5

digital mint
10-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Now that i have time (just got home from hernia operation...yep it *****!) i'm tempted on changing my box size. I have XXX15 in a sealed box (2 cubic f. like RE says). Before all you guys start recommending ported...can't do it because of trunk size. So i'm aiming at 2.5 c.f. I searched (yes i did!) and beside the scientific explainations, I would like to get feedbacks from peeps that actually done it and what was your impression. My amp put out about 1500w. thanks.

JimJ
10-15-2005, 12:30 PM
A larger sealed enclosure generally =

- lower Qtc
- better low frequency response/flatter overall response in passband
- more efficiency/less power required to reach Xmax
- better transient response/group delay

You might not be ablle to run as much power as you did in the smaller box, but try it out.

digital mint
10-15-2005, 12:45 PM
A larger sealed enclosure generally =

- lower Qtc
- better low frequency response/flatter overall response in passband
- more efficiency/less power required to reach Xmax
- better transient response/group delay

You might not be ablle to run as much power as you did in the smaller box, but try it out.
Thanks sounds like what i'm looking for. Considering the XXX can take a lot more watts then what i'm giving it right now, Should i be worried about 1500W?

iceteebone
10-15-2005, 12:48 PM
i would run it 2 cubes sealed for awhile and then decide to go to 2.5.

digital mint
10-15-2005, 12:56 PM
i would run it 2 cubes sealed for awhile and then decide to go to 2.5.
Hey Thanks. Are you saying that i just might get used to it? or do you you think i wouldn't see that much of a diff.?

iceteebone
10-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey Thanks. Are you saying that i just might get used to it? or do you you think i wouldn't see that much of a diff.?

what i'm saying is run the 2 cubes for awhile and if you don't like it, then go to 2.5. might as well try it since you have it.

digital mint
10-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Ok then, will wait then decide. thanks

mikescanlon
10-15-2005, 02:08 PM
i think you should mail the sub to me and i'll do a comprehensive test of the woofer over the next 5 years in many different enclosures, then you can paypal me for my fee's and return shipping at the end of 5 years.