PDA

View Full Version : Problems w/Alpine 9831

infinityperfect
10-13-2005, 01:42 AM
i bought a used alpine 9831 last week and had no problems until the other day when i turned it on and only got sound from my subs. i checked the rear speakers and they werent blown and the front were just replaced with infinity so i highly doubt they are blown. I checked the wiring & didnt see anything. I hit the amp reset button on the deck, which worked for a few days and now it messed up again!:furious: anybody wanna help me out on this one??

Slaugh
10-13-2005, 12:13 PM
this worked once... so try it

hold Power/Source button and without releasing it, quickly press Band/Tel... you will be prompted to clear eprom... press 1 and it will reset the hu completely to it's default settings..

then turn it off and with a ball pointer pen press the reset button on the faceplate.... it shall help, but im not sure it the clear eprom function is accessed by holding power and pressing band/tel, but it works well on 2003 linel

Fosgate Forever
10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
you know i had this same problem about a week ago it turns out my speakers were grounding out on the door panels so you might want to look into that