PDA

View Full Version : Two ports or one

tico5150
10-12-2005, 05:42 PM
I am in the next stage in my system, building my box. (2 L7 12's with 2 BX1500D). I 've seen boxes with two drivers in the same vol space and having one port and i've also seen each with thier own vol space and port. Which is better?

Since in my system I'll have each sub on its own Amp it would it be best to have them in thier own space( with port tuned). But lets say I had only ONE amp, would it be best to have then in the same vol space or keep then in their own space??

ruckus
10-12-2005, 05:47 PM
either or. I actually have a single space with dual ports myself.

tico5150
10-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Alright sounds good. I've made a few boxes so far one with winISD. This time I am going to be using BassBox 6. I am going to aim for 40hz tuned with 2.2 ft^3 -- for each Driver. We'll see how it goes.

bonesninja
10-12-2005, 05:55 PM
the benefit of each sub having its own space is that if you happen to blow one sub then the other sub will still play. if they share the same space the one that is left will be playing in too big of a box and basically could free-air and blow itself.

DFW40
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
If I used two amps on two seperate subs then I would divide the box and use two ports one for each side. This is because I am **** but also you would have to have you amps set exactly the same or you could have some cancellation issues along with crossever differences which could still be a problem even if the box were divided. If I were using one amp then I would go with one port unless you like the symetrical look.