PDA

View Full Version : picture request

No__ID
10-12-2005, 04:13 PM
im helping a friend with his install and we are running out of room and have no where to put the amps.

so what im thinking now is that we are going to mold an amp rack into his headliner. Ive seen this before a couple of times but i cant find any pictures of it, if you guys have any it would really help me out. i just need some ideas on what looks good.

thanks

fuzzai
10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
into the head liner? being amps would be upside down? generaly not good.

got any pics of his install?

req
10-12-2005, 11:36 PM
oh gimme a break.

upside down will be fine espically if they are in the cabin like that.

people always think amps are going to explode because they are upside down :rolleyes:

jellyfish420
10-13-2005, 12:30 AM
lots of fiberglass;) i wanna see finished pics...

No__ID
10-13-2005, 02:27 AM
fuzzai the amps will be fine upside down.

the install probably wont be done for awhile since we only get a few hours a week to work on it and we still have to finish the box, the dash and the door panels before even start on the amp rack, just trying to start planing it now

No__ID
10-17-2005, 05:52 PM
anyone?

NhustlaR
10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
what kind of car.... i cant give you ideas if you dont give me details. you can put them wherever they will fit!

No__ID
10-18-2005, 01:21 PM
its a single cab chevy fullsize

Johnny Drama
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
oh gimme a break.

upside down will be fine espically if they are in the cabin like that.

people always think amps are going to explode because they are upside down :rolleyes:

Well...Give me a break. Heat rises, heat sinks are on the top of the amp and made to transfer that heat out of the amp...upside down you run a MUCH greater risk of ruining the amp. Why run the risk?

I have 3 amps under the seats of my reg cab truck. If they wont fit, pull the seats, place the amps, put the seats back either stock or with a 1"-2" spacer, and if nessicary hook up a fan to push some air flow under the seats. I didnt need the spacers or fans for my truck.

JeffyZ33
10-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Heat rises, the heat coming off of the heat sink will be flowing upward back to the components of the amp. All in theory, not sure if there's enough applied here to matter or not.

I have mine under my back seat which is carpeted and I never have problems while running at 1 ohm for extended periods of time.