PDA

View Full Version : Wireing an Eclipse Deck / illumination wire?

fuzzai
10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
hey guys,

i have ALL the wires, except for a ping with white striped hooked up in the back of my deck.. (what is this pink one, its not located in the manual)

anyways, like above, the illumination wire is hooked up, however at night when i put my lights on, the ONLY lights on my deck are the knobs and the 2 buttons by it. the 1, 2, 3.....and all that don't light up.

Could it be that my Illumination wire is giving out no poweR? if this is the case, can i hoook this wire up on the red (acc) wire and they will be on all the time?
this ok/

or my missing a wire?

mikegett
10-11-2005, 10:34 PM
I can't remember exactly, but I think the pink is for a cell phone mute. The illumination will either be a orange or orange white. Does your car have a dimming knob for the illumination? You may need to raise it all the way up. Otherwise, you could hook it to a switched 12 volt power source. My car has daytime lamps so the buttons are lit all the time as well.

MegaHurtz
10-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I had to hook the illumination wire in my car to 12v to get the rest of the lights to show up.... can't remember if I hooked it to solid orange or orange/white, but I definitely did it to one of the two :p

As for the pink, I couldn't tell ya. Cell phone mute is a good guess, but IIRC the proper color for that is brown.

fuzzai
10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
the brown is for the steering wheel or something? i know i don't need that

Pink i dno't care

I can lower my lights like on the dash and stuff, but its not working..

Odd thing is i had my alpine pro installed, and they never put the illumination wire, they had it cut on the harness (oem harness) so it was short. maybe my car didn't have that? iuno ok ill put it to the 12v red.

Thanks guys!

Youhearthat?
10-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Is your unit ready for the steering wheel controls?

6spdcoupe
10-11-2005, 11:34 PM
The pink wire is phone mute. The orange is your illumination and Must be connected for all '05 model Eclipse HUs including AVNs. The brown wires are for steering wheel controls.

fuzzai
10-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Is your unit ready for the steering wheel controls?
yeah but i don't have it. so not using it ;)

so i can hook up this Illum wire to my 12Volt wire right?
cuz i don' tthink there's power going to the Illum wire in the harness.

ill check tomorrow thoe to make sure

6spdcoupe
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
You tried the right illumination wire? In your car it is Gray. Test that with a DMM

MegaHurtz
10-12-2005, 12:26 AM
6spdcoupe did you get a PM that I sent to you the other day?

6spdcoupe
10-12-2005, 12:30 AM
6spdcoupe did you get a PM that I sent to you the other day?

My apologies. I just checked and yes it was there. I just replied.

fuzzai
10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
You tried the right illumination wire? In your car it is Gray. Test that with a DMM
Grey? really?

i got a harness thoe to plug into the original harness, and all the wires had names on them,

i had 2 oranage ones, one was illum, and i forget the other, Neither had power. verry odd.

oh well i plugged it in the 12volt. and tonight the lights where on! :D
she's all purdied up now! :D