PDA

View Full Version : PG Xenons ? How to mount Tweet

AzzKicker
10-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Got my PG xenon 6.5 today but I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to mount the tweeters away from mid. They are convertable type and can screw into Mids but I want them seperate around 5 inches or so.

Or will it sound just the same either way.

john#21
10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Make sure to do a review on those. Mounting instructions not included?

John

SSS 18734
10-10-2005, 06:14 PM
make a hole a put in the tweeter... simple as that

AzzKicker
10-11-2005, 09:28 AM
well I got them installed. Had to fab up my own little bracket. They mount by 1 screw. Hard to explain but you dont just drill a hole and put them in. I'm not that n00b.

Anyways they sound really good. I dont want to say too much now because I finished around 1 am and didnt really tweak the amp etc.

john#21
10-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Cool, yeah man as soon as you get em tweaked up, post your opinion on the sq and tell us how much power etc etc.

John

penaduny
10-12-2005, 02:26 AM
Mounting instructions not included?

lol.. wtf are instructions.

anyways.
yea. i just got a set of those to try out also, i think am going to hook them up tomorrow. but i totally understand about the tweeter mounting thing.. took me a sec to figure it out...

AzzKicker
10-12-2005, 09:23 AM
lol.. wtf are instructions.

anyways.
yea. i just got a set of those to try out also, i think am going to hook them up tomorrow. but i totally understand about the tweeter mounting thing.. took me a sec to figure it out...

Ya, you have to stick a little screwdriver inbetween the wires or whatever to remove that one screw. It was confusing at first.

Right now I'm underpowering the speakers with only 75w. They take 150 RMS and I can take loud enough where it just hurts my head and hears and still not hear any distortion and crap. The tweets sound really nice and crisp as do the mids. I tried them out before I could hook up the SUB and for most music it actually sounded great without a sub. This was my first component set so I really cant be an expert on how they sound compared to others but I'm very very impressed right now. I hear parts in songs that I couldnt hear with my other ****** coaxials.

But right now my bottleneck in the system is my ****** wal-mart bought Pioneer sub. I dont think it can handle the low stuff well, it sounds crappy. So that'll my be my next upgrade next month, with a good enclosure.

Mackenzie
10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Did you deaden your doors?

AzzKicker
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Not yet, I only put them on MDF and rubber and then put egg foam **** behind speaker. No deadening was done to doors yet. I'm already over my budget for this month. Next month will prolly be new sub and deadening.