PDA

View Full Version : ****!!! Info on those peerless units...

OlogyAudio
10-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Well... bad news...

Those peerless 8" XLS drivers aren't being made anymore so that sort of means they are useless to me... awesome **** drivers though! -- they have 21 left at the moment...

squeak9798
10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
:eek: :eek:

They aren't making the 8" XLS units anymore? Why? They are such great drivers.

packerfan
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Maybe that means theyre clearing them out for something bigger and better?

OlogyAudio
10-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Maybe that means theyre clearing them out for something bigger and better?
Nope -- just the standard HDS/Exclusive currently (as far as I know) -- I'm going to pick them all up though if I can down the line make a special order of say 300 units... Just waiting for a response from adam on that one. -- Seas P and MP series = going away too :( the TBFC tweeter is safe for now.

OlogyAudio
10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
:eek: :eek:

They aren't making the 8" XLS units anymore? Why? They are such great drivers.

I think they should keep them in production... awesome units... I can pick up the normal XXLS subs for cheap as well though... just a little more than the dayton RS subs... Just can't rly use a XXLS in your doors :( -- but they will go in my floor standers just fine...

squeak9798
10-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Is it just me....or are a lot of these companies starting to pull a lot of their DIY lines off the market?

packerfan
10-11-2005, 02:17 AM
Is it just me....or are a lot of these companies starting to pull a lot of their DIY lines off the market?

No, its happening...next it will be the dayton RS series :crying:

:p:

OlogyAudio
10-11-2005, 02:49 AM
No, its happening...next it will be the dayton RS series :crying:

:p:

Never -- if all the companies pull away... Places like PE will have to make special orders of drivers... like the RS :) -- and if they don't I will...