PDA

View Full Version : Mid Bass Drivers...?

Psyence
10-10-2005, 03:01 AM
I finally have my system at what I wanted... Beleive it or not. But I think I am still missing a LITTLE of the mid bass... I have a couple questions in regards to this before I go shopping...

If I run another midbass, i'd like to put it in the rear door panel, which would make it directly a foot from the front seats or so... Is this an 'acceptable' location??

Can you get mid-bass drivers w/ thier own crossovers?

If you can get crossovers for the mid bass, what is a good mid-bass driver that does ok on 75W RMS, and comes w/ its own factory crossover?

(One other thing... if I get a midrange speaker for the component set that I have, can I just run that as a mid-bass driver?)

Decado
10-10-2005, 03:07 AM
One question, are you running your mid's in speaker pods sealed, kick panels sealed, or in the door? If you are running it in your door you might want to try getting it as sealed off as possible that can help your mid bass quite a bit.

audioholic
10-10-2005, 03:19 AM
No, midbass speakers do not come with factory passive xovers. Basically you will want to run an active setup of some sort.

squeak9798
10-10-2005, 10:46 AM
If I run another midbass, i'd like to put it in the rear door panel, which would make it directly a foot from the front seats or so... Is this an 'acceptable' location??

Not really.

Can you get mid-bass drivers w/ thier own crossovers?

Most do not.

(One other thing... if I get a midrange speaker for the component set that I have, can I just run that as a mid-bass driver?)

Depends on what component set you currently have........

loserpunk
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
whats your current system?

Psyence
10-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I have the Alpine 6.5" Type-R Components...

6three6mafia6
10-10-2005, 02:43 PM
deaded and seal youre doors, it will bring the performance of youre midbass out a LOT.