PDA

View Full Version : 6w0... infinte baffle?

cheeseburger35
10-09-2005, 05:21 PM
has anyone ran these IB?? i'm thinking about putting some in my doors .. i plan on putting some dynamat on the doors to get better sound... has anyone has good experience with them in doors?

GSteg
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
They're alright for IB, but since you're sound deadening the doors, might as well seal up the whole door.

cheeseburger35
10-09-2005, 08:28 PM
don't want to go that far..

so alright?? just alright??... if all i'm going to get is just all right then i'm just going to put a set of xr coaxials in there.. i know the w0's will have more bass.. but if it isn't substantial then it's not worth it to me..

thanks..

man i really wish i could hear these before i buy them lol... i've heard them in boxes before but not IB...

GSteg
10-09-2005, 08:32 PM
what frequencies do you plan to play these at?

If you heard them in a sealed box and it sound X loud, expect it not to play as loud. IB will handle less power mechanically and your top end of the 6w0 will suffer.

cheeseburger35
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
i'm not sure on the frequencies.. i want to bandpass them but i don't think i can do it with just my amp... - need an external x-over... where would i get one?.. i plan on running 100 watts on each from an orion 800/4 ... i just want some strong kick bass... i've got xr 3 ways that i'm going to put in the kicks so i'll have plenty of mids/highs i'm just wanting that extra kick and snare drum punch... i'll have plenty of lows coming from the DD lol..