PDA

View Full Version : diff. plug for wires from old hu to new hu?

Big-Cat
10-09-2005, 03:12 PM
i just bought a used car that came with a some sony hu, and i wanted to install my old pioneer, it's an mp3 player so it makes everything a lot nicer. anyway when i took out the old hu, i noticed the plug with a bunch of different wires, including the speaker wire, was different and doesn't fit into the back of my pioneer. What do i do? i didn't take out the clip from my old car and i traded it in so i don't have access to that anymore. did i just make a big mistake?

fuzzai
10-09-2005, 03:26 PM
The plug you took out of the Sony, is made for sony.

The plug (wireing harness) you got with your pioneer is made for pioneer.

you need to cut...(untape and cut were the wires are put together, maybe soldered) and connect your wires that came with the Pioneer HU to the wires in the back now, they should be color coded if you or the previous owner used a OEM Wireing harness for the back of the car.

If i read your question/statement right, then the above is for you! :D

Big-Cat
10-09-2005, 03:41 PM
ok, but i don't understand. i've got the wire harness for my pioneer and it won't plug into the one into the actual car. are you saying that i need to clip all the wires from the sony wire harness and then connect them to all the wires of the pioneer wire harness so that i can then connect it to the car?

Big-Cat
10-09-2005, 03:45 PM
oh, and another thing, a lot of the wires on the sony one are all blue and don't have writing on them...

Big-Cat
10-09-2005, 05:54 PM
ok, so i've got most of them clamped, which one goes to the speaker cord that runs to the amp?