PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood XXV-01D Help, 25th Aniversary

Burts
10-09-2005, 02:17 PM
I have the kenwood xxv-01d but I dont know how to download wallpapers or short video clips to the unit. Can you just burn any ole video file to a disk and enter it into the cd player, and the images what format must this all be in. My Phat Media also dont detect none of my ned burners, :(

Help Please

JLCivic
10-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Have you checked the owner's manual for instructions on how to d/l wallpapers and video clips? Is there info on Kenwood's site?

fuzzai
10-09-2005, 03:21 PM
i love google :D

http://www.kenwood.net-disp.com/05products/selecttop/05/xxv_01d/howtouse.html

http://www.kenwood.net-disp.com/05products/selecttop/05/xxv_01d/download.html

Burts
10-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Quote"Write the file onto a blank CD-R/RW according to the instructions of the software you are using. Supported file formats are: ISO9660 level 1 and 2 (not including advanced format) Romeo and Joliet and Windows advanced format "
An I just use nero and copy images etc. with nero data cd? What types of video files can be used, how long, and the wallpapers from kenwood site comes in non-viewable .kbm files, what about standard images?

Spr0ket
10-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Don't forget that you can only load 1 at a time. Also, you have to have the function "download" turned on. You should be able to find the setting in the same place you change the clock and other functions.

Type of video files: only those found on the kenwood web site. It *****. In the past, kenwood gave out a nice graphic editor which would convert the images over to the format you need to use, but now they have it under lock and key.

Burts
10-10-2005, 01:12 AM
I dont see any video files on kenwoods website, only those wallpapers which are gay. Id like to put a video of my car going down the 1/4 mile strip, the stereo shop said I could do it. I think im going to write to Kenwood.

Burts
10-15-2005, 09:31 PM
My stereo shop guy just told me that theres 3 people running around with there own videos on the head unit, no bs. Seems theres a way to convert files to that format.

Burts
11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
up

zfactor
11-02-2005, 01:33 AM
i had that unit for about 2 weeks till i went eclipse, anyway you can do it. i do not remeber the exact process but i called kenwood and they explained how to do it. call emup they were really cool when talked to them about it.

IoNMan1
11-02-2005, 04:01 AM
how do u like this HU

zfactor
11-02-2005, 04:25 AM
very nice unit in my opinion... i just happened on a deal i couldnt pass up on my eclipse so i sold it. only thing i didnt like was it had a kind of "tinny" i geuss you could say sound to it no matter what i did with it. i turned all processing off completly and it still didnt sound quite right. while dont get me wrong it sounded fantastic in it own... i just liked the fuller i geuss i can say sound of the eclipse more. it has awsome procc power built in for a more basic system. with separate f+r eq's etc.... the one thing that made a HUGE difference after i found it turned itself back on somehow was going back and turning off that stupid srs crap it has for a supposed "surround sound" effect. i think that just made it sound like crap and way to bright. overall one of the best ones in its price range and believe me i am being very picky with it. and it can be had for under 400$ if you look which is a steal of a deal for it

IoNMan1
11-02-2005, 04:50 AM
so eclipse Hu is better??

chadillac3
11-02-2005, 11:24 AM
It's a very nice unit...if it had a better iPod interface, I'd still have it.

zfactor
11-02-2005, 12:22 PM
eclipse is not "better" in my opinion just different i geuss. they are both stellar units... i just prefer the eclipse better myself. i was happier with the sound i could achieve from the eclipse. but that a personal thing some of you may like the kenwood's sound. it was just different than what im familiar with from them.

Burts
11-24-2005, 03:24 AM
emup?
KENWOOD USA:
In regard to your inquiry, unfortunately there is no way to customize your head
unit and put pictures and videos that are not on the site. There were 2 models
in 2003 that had this capability however this feature has not been incorporated
into any of the 2005 head units. If you have any more questions about this you
can call our tech support line at 1-800-KENWOOD ext. 1420. Thank you for
contacting Kenwood and have a nice day.

Thers a secret way to do it how?