PDA

View Full Version : fiberglassing kick panels

krouchchocolate
10-08-2005, 01:33 AM
I am about to start my first fiberglassing kick panels. I looked in the sticky and it seems easy. I was wondering what materials i need to get started and where can i buy it at?

To aim the kickpanels, should i aim them to the head rest using the laser beam technique? To sand what kind of sand paper should i use and should i hand sand it or use a sander.

What does hardner do? I see many people who use it but i have no clue what it does. Can someone explain that to me.

Moe Lester
10-08-2005, 03:44 AM
I am about to start my first fiberglassing kick panels. I looked in the sticky and it seems easy. I was wondering what materials i need to get started and where can i buy it at?

To aim the kickpanels, should i aim them to the head rest using the laser beam technique? To sand what kind of sand paper should i use and should i hand sand it or use a sander.

What does hardner do? I see many people who use it but i have no clue what it does. Can someone explain that to me.

if you can wait until after the 16th i can come over and get you started :)

saywhat?
10-08-2005, 08:53 AM
I was wondering what materials i need to get started and where can i buy it at?

obviously didnt read too well.

ruckus
10-08-2005, 11:22 AM
You seem to have alot of questions about the way to fiberglass in general. You may want to get into videos to get you started. They will answer alot of questions about things like making kick panels from scratch, or adapting existing kick panels to hold different size speakers. If your interested in videos I have the complete glassman video dvd set I will sell you for way below retail since I already seem em all. as for hardener, thats something called MEKP it is used with polyester resin as an activator which will make it "Harden" when applying it to fleece and /or fiberglass. Most people use sanders because hand sanding take forever. as for aiming. Most people aim toward their heads.

krouchchocolate
10-08-2005, 12:20 PM
if you can wait until after the 16th i can come over and get you started :)

okay moe...good luck on the competition!

krouchchocolate
10-08-2005, 12:22 PM
is there a certain brand of resin i should buy?? lol