PDA

View Full Version : U shaped box

lilpnoybreaker
10-06-2005, 02:49 AM
hi,
for my next install, my plan is to try and keep my jump seats on my Land Rover Discovery and build the box under and around it. It ends up to be a U shaped with the 2 sides being the same size and the center being a wedge type box to fit along the back of the second row seat connecting the two. Each side box totals to be 1.62 cubes and the center totals to be 2.98 cubes.

| | |
__________| |___________|

this is kinda how it will turn out. there will be 1 sub in each side and 6 inverted against the wedge type box. the port will be ran off the middle about 3" tall. i was also curious if it would be a bad idea to have subs facing in different directions (they would be mounted where the arrows are pointing towards each other.)

the total is 6.22 external. also should i use 3/4 or can i go thinner?

thanks
andrew

lilpnoybreaker
10-06-2005, 02:54 AM
blah that didnt turn out right
hmm ill try drawing something up on rhino tomorrow. hopefully you can picture it till then

lilpnoybreaker
10-06-2005, 12:08 PM
made a rough sketch of the box on rhino. the spacing between the box is just about 15 inches. port will be at the bottom of the box firing towards the rear of the car. the box looks kinda squished because i had to change the size to fit the requirements to show.

AznRevlAzn
10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
wow, with all the angles you'll definitely not recieve a nice flat response. now, if those ends of the U were ports, it'd be different :D

PV Audio
10-06-2005, 03:16 PM
x2, smooth that out

THUNDERBIRD
10-06-2005, 04:50 PM
just take the seats out and make ur life a whole lot easier

lilpnoybreaker
10-06-2005, 07:45 PM
would it be fine if i ran all 8 subs on that corner wall and have them all on the center and have ports under the seats? also if the port was on each side, would i need to redesign the sides?

lilpnoybreaker
10-07-2005, 09:50 PM
anyone got any suggestions on how to make this box work?

mikescanlon
10-08-2005, 06:44 AM
to make the box work : use less subs, you really dont need that much stuff.
you'd be better off with free air subs on the backseat than the way that box would probably sound.

make a box that just goes along the back.. where you have the thing with the open ends on the picture and stick 1 or 2 subs on that, that'll be fine if you get a good quality woofer with some power.

dont make car audio too complicated : )

lilpnoybreaker
10-08-2005, 12:46 PM
the place where the box has open ends would be sealed off. i was just too in a hurry to close off the ends. i was looking at what i could do to keep the subs in the same place, and i found out that i can fit all the subs on the back wall

lilpnoybreaker
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
also if i were to have all the subs on the back wall, where would be a good place to put the ports? any way to keep the port out of the box so i can keep the 6 cubes to work with? all the subs would be inverted except the 2 that are going right above the side boxes.

lilpnoybreaker
10-10-2005, 01:30 AM
i was also wondering if i should stick with 3/4 mdf or would i be able to go thinner

mikescanlon
10-10-2005, 07:20 AM
you need 3/4 mdf or thicker if you can get it, thats alot of subs, and depending on the amount of power/what subs you're using, they are going to flex this **** out of t hat box which is going to = bad bad sound.

IamDeMan
10-10-2005, 07:57 AM
to make the box work : use less subs,

w3rd

mikescanlon
10-10-2005, 07:11 PM
nice sig gto...

IamDeMan
10-10-2005, 08:16 PM
nice sig gto...
Someone was ****ing aorund with my space today. I use that image when I find someone leeching too much from me. They hacked my password and ****ed me with my own medicine. Sorry.