PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Pioneer Preouts

duckfart
10-05-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with my rear Speaker right input preamp on my pioneer deck. Whenenver I plug any RCA cable it starts making loud unwanted noise. I have 2 sets of preamps on my HU . I'm using my front to power a 4 channel amp ( I'm only powering my front components) . Okay here is the deal. I have a Mono Viper 1200.1 amp. SInce my rear right speaker preamp isnt working right Can I use just the left rear speaker input to power my mono amp. I have two subs connected to it at 1ohm. One last question what can be wrong wth my right front preamp that makes so my noise whenever i turned it up. My gain is set correctly so i know that's not the problem, and I try using different RCA cables so thats not it either. Both of my amps are well grounded . please help

Dj-torn
10-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Wrap a bare wire around the RCA and groung it to the HU or the grounding point of the HU

bri487
10-09-2005, 02:46 PM
sounds like the infamous pioneer ground problem to me. take your deck back if it is under warrenty.

bri487
10-09-2005, 02:48 PM
oh, and if something is faulty in your install, such as a component or some of the handy work, that can also cause it. basically if the amp is bad, it can send 12v back through the rca's to the pre-outs and smoke your deck.