PDA

View Full Version : Components

bjfish11
10-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Alright boys, im looking at possibly adding the Alpine SPR-17LS component system. I drive a 96 s10 reg cab. What would be the advantages of this? Disadvantages. Right now i have Cerwin Vega 6.5s in the doors, and Infinity Reference 4x6s in the dash. Would i take all the speakers out to put in the components. If thought of putting them in either kicks or fiberglassing them to fit in the stock spot of the doors but with a better angle for imaging. Let me hear some opinions and info.

Trancer
10-05-2005, 07:42 PM
My first vehicle was a 94 S10 regular cab. I had Infinity Kappa all around. Kappa 4x6 plates and Kappa 6 1/2" comps. I had the whole setup amped. It sounded absolutly loud. The 4x6 plates get crazy loud with 70rms to each of them. There is a decent amount of room in the doors of the S-10's unless they changed something within the 2 years.

One thing I recommend is to sound deaden your doors. I was lacking midbass and with just a simple midbass kit, it worked wonders. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I would have just deadened the whole door.