PDA

View Full Version : ported or sealed

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:26 PM
hey im almost finished with my system but im thinking about making a new box cant choose if i wont a seald box or a ported one which one will make you hear me from blocks away louder more bass which one and i have 2 15" subwoofers 1500watt peak and 500rms each if you can send me some plans thanks anyone:naughty:

SSS 18734
10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
a good ported design will always yield more average output...

specifying the subs might be a good idea, i have a feeling its the Type R's.

Also, don't come on here telling everyone you want to be heard blocks away. It's not healthy.

vasilios
10-04-2005, 10:35 PM
plans are gona cost you.

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:35 PM
lol hey my friend i have 2 15" lightning audios s3.15.vc2 subwoofers which box would be good for these and whats bad about being heard blocks away

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:37 PM
wow how much player

mikescanlon
10-04-2005, 10:37 PM
go with sealed for those subs, and you dont need to make a box just seal them in the cardboard box they came in with tape, that'll be the best for those subs

then buy something good.. even on a budget, you can get better than walmart brand.

those subs aren't even worth box plans.

SSS 18734
10-04-2005, 10:39 PM
its not like you can just throw the subs in any box and expect it to be loud... you have to know the limits of the subwoofers, the type of power you'll be feeding them, their optimal airspace, proper tuning... etc etc etc.

would you want to build the box on your own?

vasilios
10-04-2005, 10:40 PM
if you want to be heard outside your car roll down your windows.

vasilios
10-04-2005, 10:41 PM
wow how much player

you expected someone to just waste their time creating plans for you for free?

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:43 PM
go with sealed for those subs, and you dont need to make a box just seal them in the cardboard box they came in with tape, that'll be the best for those subs

then buy something good.. even on a budget, you can get better than walmart brand.

those subs aren't even worth box plans.
ha ha lame have you ever saw these subs in action i had a directed 1100d on the and i set off this guys alarm all the way down the block i personaly dont think their weak i did at first untill i say and heard what they do they are crazy ill post the video soon lame dont talk about what you dont know:laugh:

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 10:44 PM
plans are gona cost you.i can help you build a box first you need to now what you want????{sealed or ported} and i can help you for free .ps down load WINi SD pro too

vasilios
10-04-2005, 10:45 PM
i can help you build a box first you need to now what you want????{sealed or ported} and i can help you for free .ps down load WINi SD pro too

let the light shine down upon thee...

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
its not like you can just throw the subs in any box and expect it to be loud... you have to know the limits of the subwoofers, the type of power you'll be feeding them, their optimal airspace, proper tuning... etc etc etc.

thats why im here asking questions trying to learn help me dont hurt

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:48 PM

and i already did build a box will post a pic soon lovely wood-grain box made by me 1.5cubic airspace yes i took carpentry

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 10:49 PM
let the light shine down upon thee...
what^^^^???????:crap:

SSS 18734
10-04-2005, 10:49 PM
ha ha lame have you ever saw these subs in action i had a directed 1100d on the and i set off this guys alarm all the way down the block i personaly dont think their weak i did at first untill i say and heard what they do they are crazy ill post the video soon lame dont talk about what you dont know:laugh:

if your setting off alarms a block away why are you looking for a new box? :confused: Sounds like you have an enclosure made by the hands of god to me.

PRIVATEpastry
10-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Let me guess... first setup?

And why would you waste an 1100D on some LA's?

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:51 PM
you expected someone to just waste their time creating plans for you for free?
thats why i ask you how much ill just make it myself if you cant give a price :p:

vasilios
10-04-2005, 10:52 PM
what^^^^???????:crap:

what^^^^???????:crap: , lol.

...cause you said youd help him for free, as opposed to my brash statement.

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:54 PM
i can help you build a box first you need to now what you want????{sealed or ported} and i can help you for free .ps down load WINi SD pro too
thanks i would like to make a ported box young person here trying to learn thanks

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 10:54 PM
okay i see :)

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
uhh 500 watts each is loud so ported or sealed is goin to be loud as f-u-ck

mikescanlon
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
10 bucks for ported plans, let me know what you want.

i make it with a cutlist and pictures.

aim:cofmm

caliece
10-04-2005, 10:59 PM
if your setting off alarms a block away why are you looking for a new box? :confused: Sounds like you have an enclosure made by the hands of god to me.
i guess ill show you the pic soon i made it in carpentry class its sealed and made up of berch wood i think its a hard wood made for chairs, book cases,etc but i was just wondering how would a ported one sound like

PRIVATEpastry
10-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Don't use hardwood, use MDF.

caliece
10-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Let me guess... first setup?

And why would you waste an 1100D on some LA's?
no not my first set up i know all about kicker,dd,re,soundstream,rockford fosgate etc hooked many systems trying to go to school to learn more now

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
thanks i would like to make a ported box young person here trying to learn thankswell caliece give me all the spec's for that sub and i can give you the box plans wednesday ......got to go

caliece
10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Don't use hardwood, use MDF.
i know i should have used mdf thats why im going to make a new one but why do you say mdf?

FOSGATE JOE
10-04-2005, 11:10 PM
also need to now the car and max trunk size! also do you want sql or sq or spl!! me my self i like 32hz ported with a big box .Me myself sealed is the way to go

caliece
10-04-2005, 11:30 PM
also need to now the car and max trunk size! also do you want sql or sq or spl!! me my self i like 32hz ported with a big box .Me myself sealed is the way to go
l=30"-35" w=35"-40" h=16"-16-1/2"max anymore info let me know

mikescanlon
10-04-2005, 11:38 PM
you have a surburban or something?

caliece
10-04-2005, 11:43 PM
you have a surburban or something?
naw i have a 1996 intrepid why?:eyebrow:

mikescanlon
10-05-2005, 09:47 AM
seems like a big box.. you sure it'll fit?

bikejunkie223
10-05-2005, 10:13 AM
and whats bad about being heard blocks away
Other than it makes you a punk loser that irritates everyone for blocks due to your indifference? Other than parents with kids really don't want to have them exposed to jay-z while you roll by at the mall? Other than I don't want to be woken up in the dead of the night when you drive through my suburban neighborhood at 2am? Bass for the purpose of irritating others so you can feel "manly" is retarded, and you are a shithead if you feel otherwise. I have no problems with loud systems, I just think anyone who wants to hear mine will ask & it can be much better appreciated inside the car, rather than blasting sonic thump for blocks.

ruckus
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
right. I have yet to see an alarm set off a block away and you can hear my subs 2 streets over when Im messing around ;)

FOSGATE JOE
10-05-2005, 10:55 AM
i did it half a block down with my box 4cuft ported to 40hz hehehehe when i was showen my friend my car audio last year

caliece
10-05-2005, 11:29 AM
seems like a big box.. you sure it'll fit?
i took carpentry i can fit anything lol just kidding yeah im sure because i can already fit 4 15s in them all comes down how you put it in the lengths:naughty:

caliece
10-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Other than it makes you a punk loser that irritates everyone for blocks due to your indifference? Other than parents with kids really don't want to have them exposed to <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=jay%20z&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: jay-z'; self.ql_skeyphrase='jay%20z'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='jay%20z'; window.status='Search for: jay-z';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">jay-z</a> while you roll by at the mall? Other than I don't want to be woken up in the dead of the night when you drive through my suburban neighborhood at 2am? Bass for the purpose of irritating others so you can feel "manly" is retarded, and you are a shithead if you feel otherwise. I have no problems with loud systems, I just think anyone who wants to hear mine will ask & it can be much better appreciated inside the car, rather than blasting sonic thump for blocks.
ha ha ha im from chicago and we love stuff like this that loud music even kids love it grand-daddy sorry for weaking you up pops ill turn the music down so you can sleep now :laugh:

JimJ
10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
ha ha ha im from chicago and we love stuff like this that loud music even kids love it grand-daddy sorry for weaking you up pops ill turn the music down so you can sleep now :laugh:

I bet the thieves in Chicago love it too :D

It makes me feel old to think you're only a year younger than I am :(

caliece
10-05-2005, 11:44 AM
right. I have yet to see an alarm set off a block away and you can hear my subs 2 streets over when Im messing around ;)
ok i was at my house playing so R-kelly tp2 track number 8 a guy who has 4 type- Rs there are like 12 or 15 houses on my block im the first house and the guy with the 4 12s was 11 houses down from me and when that r-kelly came on it was like the world was coming to a end and then the second bass note came in every one who had an alarm on my block they all went off and i wasnt even close to them at my crib chilling it was crazy had everyones jaws wide open ill show the box soon

caliece
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I bet the thieves in Chicago love it too :D

It makes me feel old to think you're only a year younger than I am :(
ha ha ha lol yes they do thats what the guns are for ha ha ha ha die die die jackers :laugh:

ruckus
10-05-2005, 01:41 PM
i did it half a block down with my box 4cuft ported to 40hz hehehehe when i was showen my friend my car audio last year

LOL Im running 4cuft tuned to 40hz currently :P:

mikescanlon
10-05-2005, 02:00 PM
ok i was at my house playing so R-kelly tp2 track number 8 a guy who has 4 type- Rs there are like 12 or 15 houses on my block im the first house and the guy with the 4 12s was 11 houses down from me and when that r-kelly came on it was like the world was coming to a end and then the second bass note came in every one who had an alarm on my block they all went off and i wasnt even close to them at my crib chilling it was crazy had everyones jaws wide open ill show the box soon

caliece = :ban: what a noob.

caliece
10-05-2005, 03:26 PM
caliece = :ban: what a noob.
ha ha ha lame=you lol:p:

PRIVATEpastry
10-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Calience, you sir are a jack*ss. There's no two ways around it. You go around blasting your **** like an ignorant punk, then you act like you're the king of the world in your bullshit stories. You try to call people "grandpa"... real nice.

You'll learn your lesson when your **** gets stolen.

DBfan187
10-05-2005, 05:30 PM
not every woofer performs well ported/sealed.

FOSGATE JOE
10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
LOL Im running 4cuft tuned to 40hz currently :P: good for you!lol

caliece
10-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Calience, you sir are a jack*ss. There's no two ways around it. You go around blasting your **** like an ignorant punk, then you act like you're the king of the world in your bullshit stories. You try to call people "grandpa"... real nice.

You'll learn your lesson when your **** gets stolen.
ha ha i know i really dont care lame but for you ill stop i wont be a jackass for you my friend sorry evreyone :D

caliece
10-05-2005, 11:41 PM
not every woofer performs well ported/sealed.
what are you suggesting then:naughty:

PRIVATEpastry
10-06-2005, 12:12 AM
ha ha i know i really dont care lame but for you ill stop i wont be a jackass for you my friend sorry evreyone:D
I've gone through all 84 of your posts, caliece...

Not one of them contains a period.

All of them have gramatical errors.

caliece
10-06-2005, 12:56 AM
I've gone through all 84 of your posts, caliece...

Not one of them contains a period.

All of them have gramatical errors.
good for you, can i get my class grade now teacher. why does that really matter i just want to know about car audio

bikejunkie223
10-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Isn't it unfortunate to see how badly the public school system has failed so many? Call me grandpa if you wish, but I bet my system is nicer than anything you will ever own, until you grow the fvck up. Could I put a wall-o-woofers in my wife's Element to slam anything loud as hell? sure, but I have risen above irritating others because I am retarded. **** off noob, and use punctuation and grammar, it's a hell of a lot easier to understand what you are saying, I just struggle interpreting shithead into english.

caliece
10-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Isn't it unfortunate to see how badly the public school system has failed so many? Call me grandpa if you wish, but I bet my system is nicer than anything you will ever own, until you grow the fvck up. Could I put a wall-o-woofers in my wife's Element to slam anything loud as hell? sure, but I have risen above irritating others because I am retarded. **** off noob, and use punctuation and grammar, it's a hell of a lot easier to understand what you are saying, I just struggle interpreting shithead into english.
yeah at least you know what im talking about school is dome pops but be happy i have a 3.5 gpa, and dont get pissed off i just come off as a jerk sometimes, but from now on im just going to come to you if i have a problem or question alright pops.:D

liar2
10-06-2005, 02:18 AM
English langage > caliece

bikejunkie223
10-06-2005, 02:56 AM
yeah at least you know what im talking about school is dome pops but be happy i have a 3.5 gpa, and dont get pissed off i just come off as a jerk sometimes, but from now on im just going to come to you if i have a problem or question alright pops.:D
If you have a 3.5 gpa and can't construct a single sentence with any kind of grammar or even general use of the english language, you should indeed come to see me, so I can kick the **** out of you, since your father obviously never did, thus allowing you to turn into a complete douchebag. Stupid kids these days....all mouth with no brain. Sometimes it is a good idea to let the filter between your brain and mouth catch some stuff before you spew it out into the world and erase all doubt in everyone's minds that you are, in fact, a tool.

caliece
10-06-2005, 09:23 AM
English langage > caliece
sorry no street talk ok ill make it so you can understand ok.

caliece
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
If you have a 3.5 gpa and can't construct a single sentence with any kind of grammar or even general use of the english language, you should indeed come to see me, so I can kick the **** out of you, since your father obviously never did, thus allowing you to turn into a complete douchebag. Stupid kids these days....all mouth with no brain. Sometimes it is a good idea to let the filter between your brain and mouth catch some stuff before you spew it out into the world and erase all doubt in everyone's minds that you are, in fact, a tool.
Ok the reason why that i didnt use any grammer is because im not in school, and i dont care because im not applying for a job sorry everyone. I was just typing quickly, im trying to be nice right now alright pops. so please dont talk about my father ok, this is about making a ported speaker box if you can help thanks if not ill find another way. New pictures of my fist speaker box still coming soon looks really nice.

r1dermon
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
this was pissing me off so much that i just had to register and post...first of all, there's no way in hell you set off a car alarm 15 houses down...how do i know? my friend has 2 13w7's in his explorer, and he can't set car alarms off that are more than like 20 feet away...unless you're in a condo complex, there's no way in HELL you set a car alarm off 15 houses down. assuming the average frontage is say, 100ish feet in a good suburban neighborhood, thats 1500 feet, more than 1/4 mile, which is rediculous, a **** cruise boat horn wouldnt do that. a car alarm is sensitive, but its not that **** sensitive.

also, if you think you're fitting 2 15" subs in a trunk of a 96 intrepid with a box and everything(especially a ported box) you're in for a surprise...since they definately wont fit under the rear deck and between the wheel wells, it'll have to be near the opening of the trunk where the spare tire well is, and most likely it wont fit, not to mention 80% of the bass will exit the vehicle without HEAVY deadening. the purpose of a high quality car audio system is for me to enjoy it, not other people half a block away. its for me. they didnt pay me for a ticket to my concert, so unless i really like them, they're not hearing it. period.

i think its time to grow up for you...ditch the 15's or go with one. you'd be MUCH happier with a GOOD 12" sql sub.

bikejunkie223
10-06-2005, 10:20 AM
this was pissing me off so much that i just had to register and post...first of all, there's no way in hell you set off a car alarm 15 houses down...how do i know? my friend has 2 13w7's in his explorer, and he can't set car alarms off that are more than like 20 feet away...unless you're in a condo complex, there's no way in HELL you set a car alarm off 15 houses down. assuming the average frontage is say, 100ish feet in a good suburban neighborhood, thats 1500 feet, more than 1/4 mile, which is rediculous, a **** cruise boat horn wouldnt do that. a car alarm is sensitive, but its not that **** sensitive.

also, if you think you're fitting 2 15" subs in a trunk of a 96 intrepid with a box and everything(especially a ported box) you're in for a surprise...since they definately wont fit under the rear deck and between the wheel wells, it'll have to be near the opening of the trunk where the spare tire well is, and most likely it wont fit, not to mention 80% of the bass will exit the vehicle without HEAVY deadening. the purpose of a high quality car audio system is for me to enjoy it, not other people half a block away. its for me. they didnt pay me for a ticket to my concert, so unless i really like them, they're not hearing it. period.

i think its time to grow up for you...ditch the 15's or go with one. you'd be MUCH happier with a GOOD 12" sql sub.
:handclap: :iagree: Exactly, well put.

mikescanlon
10-06-2005, 11:55 AM
this has to be a joke.

PRIVATEpastry
10-06-2005, 05:14 PM
this has to be a joke.
Haha, its kinda looking like one. :crazy:

caliece
10-06-2005, 09:58 PM

alright thanks i will think about that.

caliece
10-06-2005, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=bikejunkie223]:handclap: :iagree: Exactly, well put.[/Q

caliece
10-07-2005, 01:08 AM
i fitted a sealed box already and yes they fit the most space you can fit them in hight wise i 16 1/2", and i live in the city, it wasnt 1/4 of a mile thats stupid thats 400metters now are you crazy, when you come to chi-town check it out for yourself alright my friend.:)