PDA

View Full Version : wrapping vinyl

lowgmc94
10-04-2005, 02:24 PM
wear do u start if ur doing a square box like i understand carpet if u cut it and meet it up u can blend it in to each other. but vinyl or leather u cant do that u would have a line. if u start at the face of the box how do u form around the corners without relief cuts and or wrinkels.im all over the place with this question sorry.

ruckus
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
thats why most vinyl boxes arent vinyl all the way around. the parts facing out are vinyl and the bottom and back are carpet. or they inset the side pieces a bit to run the vinyl around the mdf and have a new piece in the inside of the side.

ramos
10-04-2005, 04:35 PM
thats why most vinyl boxes arent vinyl all the way around. the parts facing out are vinyl and the bottom and back are carpet. or they inset the side pieces a bit to run the vinyl around the mdf and have a new piece in the inside of the side.

^^^ ding ding ding we have a winner :D Yep what he said. I have seen people try and do it, and fix the seams with vinyl repair kits. Looks like a$$ though .............. :)

ruckus
10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
^^^ ding ding ding we have a winner :D

as opposed to a Ding Dong we have a weiner :p:

seriously though my next box is gonna be vinyled and fiberglass moxed so I looked into it a few weeks ago ;)

NeverEnuffBass
10-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Make the seem where you either can't see it or can hardly see it